Week 8 Tatum vs Atlanta

Tatum_DirtyBird

Atlanta @ Tatum  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

Yall have played only 2 4a schools.  And yall have played 3 district games already

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

You didn’t know Daingerfield and Paul Pewitt are both 4A ?

I meant the same schedule that McClure had when we were in 4A. Maybe I should lay that out a little more clearly. 

To put it into perspective @Bulldogfan72 and our residential genius @cotton84, Atlanta's combined opponent record is (29-14). There is only 1 (one) team that doesn't have a winning record, and that team is still 3-3. The remaining opponents are Tatum (5-1), New Boston (3-4), and Jefferson (4-2). Does Atlanta have a chance to win a game, well yes. Do I expect Atlanta to win? WE ARE 0-7! Expectations are null and void at this point. The best I can be is hopeful. 

I feel like our best chance of winning will be against Jefferson, or maybe New Boston. I'm not sure which team is the better of the 2, both seem to be pretty even as far as I can tell. 

To further put it into perspective, as the comparison between Atlanta and Queen City continues, Queen City is (4-3). Queen City has 4 wins against teams with a combined record of (2-22). As easy as it is to make fun of Atlanta for being winless, the current coaching staff had no say in who they played this year. This schedule was made before they ever arrived. I absolutely hate that we are not competing with some of the teams on our schedule, but it's just where we're at at this time. 

Atlanta has shown flashes. They've shown that they are capable of hanging in, but they can't get it all pieced together. The biggest thing for Atlanta to do is HOLD ON TO THE DANG FOOTBALL. Man we talk about 1 or 2 turnovers can be tough on a team... Atlanta is giving the ball away 5+ times a game. No team will win like that. If Atlanta can cut turnovers down to like... NONE - maybe we can beat one of the last 2 teams on the schedule. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I meant the same schedule that McClure had when we were in 4A. Maybe I should lay that out a little more clearly. 

To put it into perspective @Bulldogfan72 and our residential genius @cotton84, Atlanta's combined opponent record is (29-14). There is only 1 (one) team that doesn't have a winning record, and that team is still 3-3. The remaining opponents are Tatum (5-1), New Boston (3-4), and Jefferson (4-2). Does Atlanta have a chance to win a game, well yes. Do I expect Atlanta to win? WE ARE 0-7! Expectations are null and void at this point. The best I can be is hopeful. 

I feel like our best chance of winning will be against Jefferson, or maybe New Boston. I'm not sure which team is the better of the 2, both seem to be pretty even as far as I can tell. 

To further put it into perspective, as the comparison between Atlanta and Queen City continues, Queen City is (4-3). Queen City has 4 wins against teams with a combined record of (2-22). As easy as it is to make fun of Atlanta for being winless, the current coaching staff had no say in who they played this year. This schedule was made before they ever arrived. I absolutely hate that we are not competing with some of the teams on our schedule, but it's just where we're at at this time. 

Atlanta has shown flashes. They've shown that they are capable of hanging in, but they can't get it all pieced together. The biggest thing for Atlanta to do is HOLD ON TO THE DANG FOOTBALL. Man we talk about 1 or 2 turnovers can be tough on a team... Atlanta is giving the ball away 5+ times a game. No team will win like that. If Atlanta can cut turnovers down to like... NONE - maybe we can beat one of the last 2 teams on the schedule. 

So, Queen City has lost 3 games but their opponents have only won 2 games all year.   Interesting math.  

6 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

So, Queen City has lost 3 games but their opponents have only won 2 games all year.   Interesting math.  

Are you incoherent? "Queen City has 4 wins against teams with a combined record of (2-22)." Interesting literateness. 

8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Are you incoherent? "Queen City has 4 wins against teams with a combined record of (2-22)." Interesting literateness. 

Hey man U can’t use big words like literateness. Tadumb clowns won’t be able to keep up.

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That's probably why they've been so quiet today. 

Been quiet cuz I've been watching high school football since before i was in high school and Atlanta gained respect from me long, long ago. Aint gonna see me kick 'em while they're down. Hell, we been there too. I didn't even kick White Oak at 0-10. Its a humbling place to be. 

Racer.....shush....bass fishing season is drawing near, Bubba.....soon yall can talk about something productive in boys sports. 

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

So your really dumb then lol. Yall had this schedule last year when you were 3a😂

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Been quiet cuz I've been watching high school football since before i was in high school and Atlanta gained respect from me long, long ago. Aint gonna see me kick 'em while they're down. Hell, we been there too. I didn't even kick White Oak at 0-10. Its a humbling place to be. 

Racer.....shush....bass fishing season is drawing near, Bubba.....soon yall can talk about something productive in boys sports. 

Aint trying to kick a man while he's down but for as many years as they talked about our record I cant pass up this opportunity

57 minutes ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

So your really dumb then lol. Yall had this schedule last year when you were 3a😂

You're*. I just don't understand what y'all are missing.

These. are. the. same. opponents. we. faced. while. we. were. in. 4A.

Thus, I said, McClure's 4A schedule. Pewitt is the only exception. We scheduled DF, Gilmer, and L-E each year when we were in 4A, and when we weren't in the same district, Tatum and Gladewater. Last year they decided to replace Pleasant Grove with Pewitt, other than that, it's the same schedule. This years schedule was made last year. The current staff will make the preseason schedule for the next 2 years (home/away). 

Like I was saying, the idea was no doubt that we'd still be competing against the same schools we were in the years prior in 4A, but with what's happened to Atlanta, it didn't work out that way. Now this coaching staff is dealing with the intense schedule of a previous tenure. 

55 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I was just trying to deflect before I said something I really didn't need to say. 😂

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

Aint trying to kick a man while he's down but for as many years as they talked about our record I cant pass up this opportunity

We'd both still donkey stomp yall in our worst years......why you even trying to sit at the grow folks table? Neither one of us frequent homecomings unless its our own. 

The entire point was to say that the new coaches coming in are trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Plagued with injuries, the remnants of a previous 4A contender's schedule, and a thin couple of classes, shouldn't warrant them immediate dismissal for going 0-10, as much as I will hate to see it if it comes true. We already knew it would be bad. 

I look back at 2011 when McClure came in. He took a previously 1-8 team, and turned them into a 5-7 team. It just so happened that Atlanta had a D1 RB that was a JR that year, and 4 of those 5 wins came against teams with losing records, and the other was 2 divisions lower in classification.

Well, the only team Atlanta has on the schedule with a losing record, they haven't even gotten to play yet, and they may very well not have a losing record by the time Atlanta gets to play them.