Pittsburg vs Gilmer

BeenHereB4

6 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I hope Gilmer comes out fired up and wanting to make a statement to Pittsburg.

I think they will, but I got to ask, why would a win against a team with no victories make a statement? Gilmer is head and shoulders above anyone else in this district. I’ll be happy when Carthage goes to 4AD1. I think the anomaly of them dropping will have cost Gilmer two titles. Last year and again this year. 

10 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

I think they will, but I got to ask, why would a win against a team with no victories make a statement? Gilmer is head and shoulders above anyone else in this district. I’ll be happy when Carthage goes to 4AD1. I think the anomaly of them dropping will have cost Gilmer two titles. Last year and again this year. 

Gilmer will likely move up to 4AD1 unless the UIL changes the numbers significantly.  Gilmer High had a record number of students at the beginning of September, 794, I believe.

11 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

The good news is Carthage might stay in D2....:drool:.  Some other perennial powers might move up to 5A, too.  Argyle is very close, as are several others.  Celina will definitely move up to D1.

I have not heard anything indicating that Carthage will be moving back up to D1. 

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

Back to the Pittsburg vs Gilmer game. I think Pitt is still playing hard despite being 0 & 6.  That is hard for a coach to keep kids playing hard w that record.

They have an excellent young coach over there. After this week, I think they will get on a roll. I do think they make the playoffs this year. I think, if he stays, Pitt will have a bright future. The short term isn’t bright this week though because of the program they are facing. 

22 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

We will not be close to D1 numbers we are still smaller than Carthage 

It appears likely that the numbers for 4A go up, meaning going from the bottom at 515 last realignment to around 550. Even at the numbers Gilmer has, they will remain 4A-D2.  If I remember correctly, they raised the top of D2 to 880 at last realignment, which means you're right.  I was thinking of the numbers from a couple of alignments ago.  One thing I can say for sure, we are dealing with the UIL, meaning we have no real idea how things will play out.  They should add another classification, but I don't think they will anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

It appears likely that the numbers for 4A go up, meaning going from the bottom at 515 last realignment to around 550. Even at the numbers Gilmer has, they will remain 4A-D2.  If I remember correctly, they raised the top of D2 to 880 at last realignment, which means you're right.  I was thinking of the numbers from a couple of alignments ago.  One thing I can say for sure, we are dealing with the UIL, meaning we have no real idea how things will play out.  They should add another classification, but I don't think they will anytime soon.

Where do you find this information? I’m curious to some of the possible scenarios in the separating of 3AD2 and 2AD1