Athens 4-2 (0-2) @ Lindale 4-3 (3-0)

GoodOleBoy73

I believe Lindale will take this one pretty easily but that second half against Henderson is concerning. Losing Patrick Daniels in the 3rd quarter hurt us and honestly I feel the coaching was very conservative the second have. They barely threw at all the second half. I do understand that thinking though. If your up by 4 scores then it’s smart to run the ball and run the clock without a chance of interceptions. That being said Henderson made some good adjustments at the half and came back out ready to play. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

I believe Lindale will take this one pretty easily but that second half against Henderson is concerning. Losing Patrick Daniels in the 3rd quarter hurt us and honestly I feel the coaching was very conservative the second have. They barely threw at all the second half. I do understand that thinking though. If your up by 4 scores then it’s smart to run the ball and run the clock without a chance of interceptions. That being said Henderson made some good adjustments at the half and came back out ready to play. 

I agree with you but from my perspective it looked like they were running the ball really well. The problem seemed to be penalties at bad times and fumbles in the second half. I understand the conservative approach due to the situation. 

15 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I agree with you but from my perspective it looked like they were running the ball really well. The problem seemed to be penalties at bad times and fumbles in the second half. I understand the conservative approach due to the situation. 

Yes I fully agree with that too. I think Lindale had more penalties in that game than they have had the rest of the season combined. Didn’t look like the disciplined team they normally are

Lindale definitely needs to regroup and figure out what happen in the second half against Henderson defensively.  We won that game but lost the second half.  Hopefully this will be a growing point for lindale.  I think they continue their win streak this week and go 4-0 in district. Does anybody know exactly what happen to our running back? My guess was maybe a concussion. 

1 hour ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Lindale definitely needs to regroup and figure out what happen in the second half against Henderson defensively.  We won that game but lost the second half.  Hopefully this will be a growing point for lindale.  I think they continue their win streak this week and go 4-0 in district. Does anybody know exactly what happen to our running back? My guess was maybe a concussion. 

That’s what I heard. Don’t know what degree it is. Hope he gets well soon

9 hours ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Lindale is banged up on both sides of the ball right now. But coaches will adjust and move some guys around. They will find a way to put points on the board, and defense front 6 will be after Athens QB all night. Lindale with the win by whatever it takes. 

I agree. Get this win with no additional injuries and get healed as much as possible during the bye week. 

2 hours ago, wingtveer said:

I agree. Get this win with no additional injuries and get healed as much as possible during the bye week. 

Yeah the Eagles definitely need to get healthy. I don't know if they've been at 100% since about week two. The bye week comes at a good time. Just have to take care of business this week first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Yeah the Eagles definitely need to get healthy. I don't know if they've been at 100% since about week two. The bye week comes at a good time. Just have to take care of business this week first.

Yes sir. You hit the nail on the head !!

I saw a post that said Lindale JV won 21-0 and is now 7-1 overall. I am unsure of the 9th score. Anyone happen to know scores of subvarsity games for our district-mates? I wonder if we have a shot a a district championship on the JV.

Very excited about tonight. Hope the Eagles are ready to play!

3 hours ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Lindale has a solid sophomore group coming up. Several are already starting or contributing on Friday nights. Eagles should be in good shape for next couple of years. 

Yeah I don’t know how many sophomores are on Varsity but the JV is winning a lot of games without their top 5-6 guys I think