Dawgs ( Carthage) versus Dogs (Jasper)

cowboyandchrist

Last year Jasper played a "prevent defense" against Carthage all game - Jasper had 3 defensive backs lined up 12-15 yards off the ball at the snap...........I suspect they will do the same this year, making the short pass routes a little easier and wanting Carthage to run the ball but making the long routes almost non-existent............Thus, I would suspect a 28-14 or 28-7 game.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Last year Jasper played a "prevent defense" against Carthage all game - Jasper had 3 defensive backs lined up 12-15 yards off the ball at the snap...........I suspect they will do the same this year, making the short pass routes a little easier and wanting Carthage to run the ball but making the long routes almost non-existent.............I look for Jasper to do the same thing on defense this year.............Thus, I would suspect a 28-14 or 28-7 game.

You didn’t account for the Carthage Defensive TD and possible Special Teams TD.

• Love 1

Jasper come out and played the game in all black uniforms against Rusk. (first time ever for those uniforms our school colors are crimson & white...go figure).

I did not really care for the uniforms. as time went by i got to thinking. If the uniforms helped in kinda way in getting the win I sure hope Coach has some EXTRA black ones stored away for this coming Friday! 🤔

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

Jasper come out and played the game in all black uniforms against Rusk. (first time ever for those uniforms our school colors are crimson & white...go figure).

I did not really care for the uniforms. as time went by i got to thinking. If the uniforms helped in kinda way in getting the win I sure hope Coach has some EXTRA black ones stored away for this coming Friday! 🤔

Idk how Jasper did it, with Rusk having the best coaches in all of the world. 

6 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I just can’t see Jasper scoring more than maybe a touchdown on a broken play or something. Dawgs will have some trouble on offense against a good Jasper D, but I think they still top 35 points.

35-7 Carthage

If they have truly made progress I could see something like that.  Otherwise if they revert back to self harm then I see it being more of a 28-0 or 28-7 type game.  

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:42 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Carthage 42 Jasper 3...

I went & looked at their record & had to revise my prediction...

you may very well be spot on with your prediction.

I gotta give our young DAWGS some credit though. the 3 losses by a combined 21 pts against teams all in higher classifications.

our first game against PNG a 14-7 loss was called due to weather at beginning of 3rd quarter.  the defense only gave up 7 pts. the deciding 7 points came as the first half was literally ending they had a scoop & score.

anywho.....

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

you may very well be spot on with your prediction.

I gotta give our young DAWGS some credit though. the 3 losses by a combined 21 pts against teams all in higher classifications.

our first game against PNG a 14-7 loss was called due to weather at beginning of 3rd quarter.  the defense only gave up 7 pts. the deciding 7 points came as the first half was literally ending they had a scoop & score.

anywho.....

I actually am very impressed by Jasper defensively. Obviously you hope for and want to see more out of your offense than they have managed thus far (something is Carthage fans can relate to in a way this year), but defensively you can’t be mad at them in any way. 

• Like 1