Dawgs ( Carthage) versus Dogs (Jasper)

cowboyandchrist

On 10/10/2021 at 3:35 PM, mikehoncho said:

Idk how Jasper did it, with Rusk having the best coaches in all of the world. 

I don’t know if this is true but supposedly Rusk’s offensive coaching staff was in Carthage scouting on Friday and let the JH staff coach the Jasper game. That’s the only logical explanation for a staff of this caliber to produce a big fat ZERO on the scoreboard. 

6 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

I don’t know if this is true but supposedly Rusk’s offensive coaching staff was in Carthage scouting on Friday and let the JH staff coach the Jasper game. That’s the only logical explanation for a staff of this caliber to produce a big fat ZERO on the scoreboard. 

I don't know if you are joking or being sarcastic or what... lol

There is zero chance of that being true.  And if somehow that was true, that completely dispels the whole notion of Rusk's coaching staff being "the best" because what a terrible freaking decision that would be.  Unheard of.  

7 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I don't know if you are joking or being sarcastic or what... lol

There is zero chance of that being true.  And if somehow that was true, that completely dispels the whole notion of Rusk's coaching staff being "the best" because what a terrible freaking decision that would be.  Unheard of.  

😂Yes, I am joking. How else could I respond to your jab? We scored zero because they were drunk? Jasper was stealing our play calls? We were saving all the good plays for Carthage?  It’s difficult to sugar coat that pitiful display and save face. 

• LOL! 1

Just now, ronstopable said:

😂Yes, I am joking. How else could I respond to your jab? We scored zero because they were drunk? Jasper was stealing our play calls? We were saving all the good plays for Carthage?  It’s difficult to sugar coat that pitiful display and save face. 

Man idk what else to say but I'm sorry.  I may have mistaken you for another Powerlifter... 😬 lol

• LOL! 1

31 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Man idk what else to say but I'm sorry.  I may have mistaken you for another Powerlifter... 😬 lol

WHOA!! Now that’s below the belt.
I could show you exactly where that guy would be living in Rusk. It has 24 hour care for complex individuals. 

• LOL! 2

Just now, ronstopable said:

WHOA!! Now that’s below the belt.
I could show you exactly where that guy would be living in Rusk. It has 24 hour care for complex individuals. 

I do believe I've heard of that place and I think they would need a whole wing of the facility dedicated to him.  

On 10/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, mikehoncho said:

I actually am very impressed by Jasper defensively. Obviously you hope for and want to see more out of your offense than they have managed thus far (something is Carthage fans can relate to in a way this year), but defensively you can’t be mad at them in any way. 

you booger bear you.

Carthage is averaging 38.4 points a game.

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

you booger bear you.

Carthage is averaging 38.4 points a game.

59 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

They are, but for Dawg fans who’ve watched the games, you can see the offense is pretty sloppy.

Yes, but as JBizzle pretty much said, that number looks better than the actual execution.  They have been streaky in most games, looking unstoppable on one drive and then the next drive looking below average.  The hope is that a lot of that has been attributed to inexperience and many new starters at key positions having to gel together. 

As good as Jasper seems to be on defense, this could be Carthage's closest game thus far (and potentially all year,) just like last year.   

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Yes, but as JBizzle pretty much said, that number looks better than the actual execution.  They have been streaky in most games, looking unstoppable on one drive and then the next drive looking below average.  The hope is that a lot of that has been attributed to inexperience and many new starters at key positions having to gel together. 

As good as Jasper seems to be on defense, this could be Carthage's closest game thus far (and potentially all year,) just like last year.   

If it is closer than the Crosby game, alcohol sales in Panola County will be booming around 11:00 Friday night. 
And one particular guy in Henderson will be chugging big time - either celebrating or drowning his sorrows. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If it is closer than the Crosby game, alcohol sales in Panola County will be booming around 11:00 Friday night. 
And one particular guy in Henderson will be chugging big time - either celebrating or drowning his sorrows. 

I forgot for a moment how close the Crosby game was, seems like so long ago now.  lol.  

Maybe it won't be as close as that one.  

The point differential in this game will be the total number of points Carthage scores. 
I could see Jasper’s defense holding Carthage in the 20’s or below if they could avoid 3 and out on offense a few times. Jasper could potentially score a special team or defensive TD but I can’t see them scoring on offense. Carthage shuts down good offenses and Jasper does not have an average offense. 
If Carthage comes out early and scores this game will be ugly. If Jasper plays the way they are capable on defense they could keep it closer. I think Jasper’s defense will be on the field too much and Carthage will have too many opportunities not to capitalize. 

• Like 1

Jasper’s offense will have a big hand in determining Carthage’s score. If Carthage gets 7-8 possessions in each half, they’ll hit 30 points. If they are limited to 4 possessions per half, then I say they keep it in the 20’s possibly. I feel like the offense is gelling and they will score on half their possessions at least.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I see a lot of you posting Carthage scoring quite a bit. Don't know where that's coming from. This is probably the best defense we'll face this season. I say Carthage 14-0.

I think most are assuming the offense is starting to put it together.  Also, with the type of offense that Surratt runs, it's much harder for opposing defenses to really shut down the Dogs.  Especially when our defense is able to stop anyone from sustaining drives and eating clock.  Most teams that have kept the Dawgs low scoring have utilized the "eat the clock" strategy. Since the start of this latest run in 2016, they haven't been held under 21.  That 21 was against Van and the wind was pretty terrible that night.  

• Like 1