Mount Pleasant @ Hallsville  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Mount Pleasant in a blowout
    • Mount Pleasant in a close game
    • Hallsville in a blowout
    • Hallsville in a close game

This poll is closed to new votes

MP travels to Hallsville to face a Bobcat team that finally got a victory after 21 games. So to say they are probably on a high is an understatement. But MP comes into this game at 2-1 and overcoming Nac in the 2nd half. If they continue to take care of business, they should make the playoffs.

Hallsville still has an outside chance to get in but they will need a lot of help to get there. 

MP will be favored heavily. They will look to get that run game going early and if they can, it will be a long night for the Bobcats.

The Bobcats themselves have a highpowered offense but the defense gives up a lot of points.

GO TIGERS!!!!

This is a big game for MP because a win puts them in excellent position of making the playoffs before they face Marshall and Pine Tree.

With the win.... they will be (3-1) and they still have Jacksonville in the season finale.  4 district wins will get them into the playoffs. 

If they steal a win from Marshall or PT.... that's a bonus improving their post-season matchup Vs. someone from district 10.

I'm really impressed with how well MP's defense has played thus far in district play.  The Tiger defense has been a liability in the past....giving up points by the bushel.  Much better play in 2021 thus far.  

Hallsville's offense seems to get theirs..... so the MP defense will get tested.  BUT.... the Bobcats are giving up an astronomical amount of points per game at 39.8.  Wowzers.

As long as MP holds onto the ball..... I think they should win this game.

Sets up a HUGE game at Sam Parker Field next week with Marshall.  

Can't wait!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

This is a big game for MP because a win puts them in excellent position of making the playoffs before they face Marshall and Pine Tree.

With the win.... they will be (3-1) and they still have Jacksonville in the season finale.  4 district wins will get them into the playoffs. 

If they steal a win from Marshall or PT.... that's a bonus improving their post-season matchup Vs. someone from district 10.

I'm really impressed with how well MP's defense has played thus far in district play.  The Tiger defense has been a liability in the past....giving up points by the bushel.  Much better play in 2021 thus far.  

Hallsville's offense seems to get theirs..... so the MP defense will get tested.  BUT.... the Bobcats are giving up an astronomical amount of points per game at 39.8.  Wowzers.

As long as MP holds onto the ball..... I think they should win this game.

Sets up a HUGE game at Sam Parker Field next week with Marshall.  

Can't wait!

It’s a must win for MP. Zero chance they beat the Mavs. Pine Tree isn’t the same Pine Tree. Definitely a must win. 

12 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

It’s a must win for MP. Zero chance they beat the Mavs. Pine Tree isn’t the same Pine Tree. Definitely a must win. 

These are high school kids.  No such thing as zero chance IMHO. 

13 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Making the playoffs will be a big boost for MP’s program. 

Yup especially if they can somehown get the #2 seed which is not out of the realms of a possibility. These kids are playing with a lot of heart. I predicted before the season started that they would be in the playoff mix. It starts Friday with Hallsville. If they beat Hallsville, it will put them in a great spot.

Watched the Hallsville - Whitehouse game.  Here are my takeaways on Hallsville (small sample size I know).

Great kicker in Ontiveros.  Would love to sse where he ends up after HS.

Whitehouse dominated first quarter yardage wise but turned ball over 3 times.  As the game moved on the Hallsville coaches made good adjustments as the sledding got steadily harder for Whitehouse and Hallsville continued to increase momentum offensively.

Hallsville did not pass well but both the QB and #1 Nicholson had several chunk plays on the ground.  All in all the Bobcats were the better team but made enough mistakes along the way to see why there record is what it is.  But they are capable of winning on any given night.

6 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Media guy and knows a lot about Longview. I believe you indirectly answered his question.

Okay, well, I can confirm for you that Longview Gameday won't be broadcasting any Hallsville games. 

Hallsville will win by 10 or more at home. QB has 1,399 yards passing, running back has 802 yards rushing. They trailed Texas High 30-24 and on the 10 yard line with less than 4 minutes to play and the defense played much better in the 2nd half last week. QB passed for 313 against Texas High and last week the Bobcats had over 400 yards rushing. Texas High beat Hallsville 37-24 and beat MP 44-13.

• Like 2