Texas Hometown Football AAA DI 2021 Top 20 Week Eight

VZCR

2 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I’m not in my feelings about rankings. I wish we wouldn’t have been in the top 10 to begin with. The rankings don’t mean anything. We did wear Atlanta out lol. We ran FB dive for an entire half. GW could’ve named their score in that game. What’s the point? We had two drives that ate up about 80% of the second half. Yeah we pulled out the entire playbook against Tatum huh? Lol DJ had one start before that game. Some of y’all are so delusional it’s not even funny. 

Not sure why anyone gets worked up about rankings, people do though. I’m like if you don’t like rankings, don’t look at them. It’ll work itself out by the end of the season. Lol

6 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Close games against bad teams says otherwise. 

What close games are you talking about? Going into the Tatum game we were only averaging 9.6 points a game. We've scored 29 against y'all,  42 against New Boston and 28 against Atlanta. In all 3 games we've played without our #1 RB. In the 1st half against Atlanta our #2 RB went out yet in the 2nd half of that game we dominated the Rabbits only allowing them 8 plays on 2 series that lasted less than 4 minutes total. The Rabbits had only 41 total yards in the 2nd half. 

You don't have to win games by 50 to dominate. 

Just now, Golfingnut said:

What close games are you talking about? Going into the Tatum game we were only averaging 9.6 points a game. We've scored 29 against y'all,  42 against New Boston and 28 against Atlanta. In all 3 games we've played without our #1 RB. In the 1st half against Atlanta our #2 RB went out yet in the 2nd half of that game we dominated the Rabbits only allowing them 8 plays on 2 series that lasted less than 4 minutes total. The Rabbits had only 41 total yards in the 2nd half. 

Exactly. 

4 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

You don’t have to win big but you should be winning big against poor teams. There are occasions when you play down to lesser teams like we did y’all 👀 but for the most part you should handle them easily like we did New Boston and Center and how we’ll handle Atlanta. 

Someone posted wait a few weeks and Gladewater and Tatum will play again...I don't know about that.  Gladewater will have to play Winnsboro, West and Mount Vernon. Tatum will play Whitney, Malakoff, and Grandview. Both are bumpy roads. 

11 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You ain’t got to explain. DC ain’t got them ranked either. They just in they feels. I don’t care if you rank Tatum at all, we gone handle our business regardless. 

I'm not in my feels as you say. I asked a simple question that unfortunately I knew better than to think I would get an answer to. You can't legitimately talk football when Tatum highjacks every thread in order to get other team's fans riled up. 

No, no one has to explain, but if you start a thread and post your rankings you should be able to at least give reasons. All I asked was why? Now I know if the person that started this thread made the rankings they based it on us not playing well in our last 2 games. That tells me more about them than about us.

If we had not already played y'all then I could understand his rankings. Then you definitely could compare like opponents for ranking one team against another and even difficulty of schedule although I believe we always play as tough a non district schedule as anyone. Before our season started we were picked to be 5-2 at this point. We didn't play one of those games and by district they had changed the prediction of us beating Tatum to us losing. That was a fair change. We had lost to Gilmer and that other 4A school I won't mention for fear it will bring out a Bear hater. Those were 2 games we weren't supposed to win. We beat Center but we didn't play well for many reasons. Tatum had run all over Center so I get that at that point Tatum was favored over us. Despite having 5 turnovers and being down 21-7 going into the 4th Quarter, a quarter in which we hadn't scored a point all year, we put up 22 points to win in an upset. It was an exciting game and we showed signs of becoming a much better team than we had been. Each week since we've improved and although we didn't blow out NB or Atlanta, we didn't have to. All we have to do is win games and hopefully get better each week. We are doing that.

43 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If I had two options and they were …

beat Gladewater and go 1 and done ..

or

lose to Gladewater and go a few rounds..

give me a few rounds deep. 

I'd agree and I say y'all have the talent to go more than a few rounds.

32 minutes ago, VZCR said:

Someone posted wait a few weeks and Gladewater and Tatum will play again...I don't know about that.  Gladewater will have to play Winnsboro, West and Mount Vernon. Tatum will play Whitney, Malakoff, and Grandview. Both are bumpy roads. 

I'm not looking to the future.  My question was about rankings that are now not future related. All of those teams you mentioned will be tough including if we get a rematch with Tatum. I hope we get that far. I believe we have the talent but getting there will be a struggle. Each game will be a struggle. Our all state WR is playing QB. Both our #1 & #2 RBs are injured. Every player is having to step up and be a teammate, playing positions each week that they may not be accustomed to playing. So far we've won the games we were supposed to win (pre-season prediction) and lost the 2 games we weren't expected to win. We didn't get to this point in the season the way we expected to, but we are still here regardless. That's what matters. 

Guest Tiger03lb
27 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Hey, that’s just how I feel. 

I honestly don't have a clear favorite to win the region or who will make it to the region finals. 

Right now I'm thinking MV and Tatum as the top seeds on the top and bottom brackets if they hold out like they are right now. Then again you can't leave GV, GW, Koff, and Sabine out. You never know what you'll get with them and each team can take out whomever. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

When y’all get in your feelings about rankings or whatever “let’s talk about the past”. Y’all shoulda wore Atlanta out. Shoulda wore Center out. Shoulda wore New Boston out. Our coach kept the playbook closed against y’all for later in the season. Beating y’all ain’t our goal but if yalls goal is to beat Tatum, more power to y’all. Y’all gone be one and done again. 

I was following along until this. Y’all didn’t try to beat us ?  Now that there is funny 😂 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, VZCR said:

Don’t assume GW will beat Sabine. GW very well could end up being the 3 seed. Sabine very well could end up being the 1 seed. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If I had two options and they were …

beat Gladewater and go 1 and done ..

or

lose to Gladewater and go a few rounds..

give me a few rounds deep. 

That 3rd spot looking good too. 😆