Now I know why you slaps are so misinformed on the topic of Covid.

PepeSilvia

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

n95 masks is what they always recommended. So I'm curious. is the 0.3 for the N95 masks for the particles coming in or coming out. If i remember correctly, they said this is the only one that gives the wearer protection.

NOBODY wears an N95 mask...and it doesn't matter if the air is going in or out, the germs are going to be in it!!!

9 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

They even tell you this on EVERY box of mask!!!!

mask.PNG

I went over this with another poster. Masks were not designed to keep virus out. They were design to keep the wearer from spreading the virus. No one ever said, they protect you, they protect others. That's why people who believe in masks complain about the ones that don't. The N95 just happens to do the best jobs of somewhat protecting the wearer. Once again, masks are NOT for the protection of the wearer. That's ALWAYS been known.

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

NOBODY wears an N95 mask...and it doesn't matter if the air is going in or out, the germs are going to be in it!!!

smh nevermind. I was attempting to have an intelligent conversation and was genuinely asking about the info you got instead of just trying to dismiss it.

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I went over this with another poster. Masks were not designed to keep virus out. They were design to keep the wearer from spreading the virus. No one ever said, they protect you, they protect others. That's why people who believe in masks complain about the ones that don't. The N95 just happens to do the best jobs of somewhat protecting the wearer. Once again, masks are NOT for the protection of the wearer. That's ALWAYS been known.

Do you not understand how ridiculous your statement sounds???? If the mask can not stop the AIR BORNE GERM when you breath in...HOW CAN IT PROTECT ANYBODY ELSE WHEN YOU BREATH, COUGH, SPIT OR ANY OTHER WAY AIR AND FLUID LEAVE YOUR MOUTH!!! ?????? IT CAN'T!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

It became necessary all over the world, not just here. Most countries who have low numbers the citizens were wearing masks. So now let me ask you a question. Why would a surgeon where them around a patient with an open wound?Β 

To say they were necessary is most assuredly debatable. Β CDC et al have been all over the map with regard to their effectiveness. Β This doesn't answer the question as to why they are now, Β all of a sudden, Β after thousands, Β millions, Β however many years you want to believe, crucial to our survival. Β As to why surgeons and staff wear masks during surgery, Β it's to prevent infections that are much easier to transmit where you have an open wound. Β Prior to 2020, Β you wouldn't walk into a doctor's office and find that everyone is wearing a mask. Β And you most certainly would not see people in masks walking around in public.

7 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

To say they were necessary is most assuredly debatable. Β CDC et al have been all over the map with regard to their effectiveness. Β This doesn't answer the question as to why they are now, Β all of a sudden, Β after thousands, Β millions, Β however many years you want to believe, crucial to our survival. Β As to why surgeons and staff wear masks during surgery, Β it's to prevent infections that are much easier to transmit where you have an open wound. Β Prior to 2020, Β you wouldn't walk into a doctor's office and find that everyone is wearing a mask. Β And you most certainly would not see people in masks walking around in public.

Very true but I agreed with you on that part prior to 2020. So masks are to protect the patient from getting infected. Now keep in mind there wasn't a pandemic this bad. people compare this to the flue but I personally know people in double digits who have died from Covid and i can't say that for the flu.Β  Heck look at the death toll just in Panola County alone.Β 

22 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Do you not understand how ridiculous your statement sounds???? If the mask can not stop the AIR BORNE GERM when you breath in...HOW CAN IT PROTECT ANYBODY ELSE WHEN YOU BREATH, COUGH, SPIT OR ANY OTHER WAY AIR AND FLUID LEAVE YOUR MOUTH!!! ?????? IT CAN'T!!!!!!!!!

Lets say you have covid. if you cough, the mask catches the majority of the particles. If there's no mask those particles can effect multiple people. The N95 mask is the only one that offers any type of protection which was proven by YOUR post. If you believe 100% of the particles from a sneeze go through the mask and get on others, we shouldn't be debating about this and we should block each other.

31 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Very true but I agreed with you on that part prior to 2020. So masks are to protect the patient from getting infected. Now keep in mind there wasn't a pandemic this bad. people compare this to the flue but I personally know people in double digits who have died from Covid and i can't say that for the flu.Β  Heck look at the death toll just in Panola County alone.Β 

You're forgetting about the open wound part of the equation. Β Heck, Β prior to 2020 you'd go to the doctor's office with a fever of 105 coughing like crazy and not a soul in sight would be wearing a mask. Β So what changed in 2020? The introduction of a virus with a 99% survival rate? Β This defies logic and reason.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

You're forgetting about the open wound part of the equation. Β Heck, Β prior to 2020 you'd go to the doctor's office with a fever of 105 coughing like crazy and not a soul in sight would be wearing a mask. Β So what changed in 2020? The introduction of a virus with a 99% survival rate? Β This defies logic and reason.

It’s like talking to a rock...πŸ™„

8 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Yes so no bacteria from the mouth can get in the wound. Yes with the introduction of a virus with a 99% survival rate. When it started most who caught it went to hospitals and took up beds and some could not get treatment. So yes, it's makes sense to try to nip a virus with horrible symptoms in the bud due to the indirect effect of it. If you just look at things in a straight line, of course that's how you see it.

11 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Yes so no bacteria from the mouth can get in the wound. Yes with the introduction of a virus with a 99% survival rate. When it started most who caught it went to hospitals and took up beds and some could not get treatment. So yes, it's makes sense to try to nip a virus with horrible symptoms in the bud due to the indirect effect of it. If you just look at things in a straight line, of course that's how you see it.

And yet we've seen countless examples of mask wearers still getting the bug. Β Unless it's an open wound scenario, Β it's silly to think they're offering any protection. Β Ps, Β I'm still symptom free but I am going to miss my class reunion this weekend because of this dumb china bug.

11 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Β 

Β 

Guys if we start using Bible verses, it's works both ways on other topics. You know, things like immigration. And life matters in the womb but you won't wear a mask to save older lives?Β 

In regards to immigration countries had different laws back then.Β  People didn't need passports, and much of commerce was made across many foreign lands.Β  Of course if you were caught living there the taxman cometh for thee.Β  Also show me where anyone wore a mask unless a sandstorm was coming.Β  They didn't wear them around lepers or others that were infirmed.Β 

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Surgeons wear them in a surgical environment where the patient has an open wound, whether it be accidental or part of a procedure. Β If masks were so vital in keeping us from getting sick in day to day life, why did they suddenly become so necessary in 2020?

I think the main reason that masks caught on is because they were hip in Asia long before the rest of the world started copying it.Β  They were them not only to prevent illness, but because of their polluted cities.Β  If you look at the photo below the paragraph you will see that none of the patients were wearing masks in the U.S., it was only the doctors and nurses. theΒ  Β A quick history of why Asians wear surgical masks in public β€” Quartz (qz.com)Β What's hilarious about this story is this line :Β Β Covering the face with scarves, veils and masks became a prevalentΒ (if ineffective)Β means of warding off the disease in many parts of the world, until the epidemic finally faded at the end of 1919.

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Lets say you have covid. if you cough, the mask catches the majority of the particles. If there's no mask those particles can effect multiple people. The N95 mask is the only one that offers any type of protection which was proven by YOUR post. If you believe 100% of the particles from a sneeze go through the mask and get on others, we shouldn't be debating about this and we should block each other.

Why in the world would I "block" you? I've given you statistical data that backs up my stance on masks and why they don't work. I'm completely comfortable with my stance and viewpoint and could care less what anybody else thinks. That's what makes our country great, we can agree or disagree but neither should be silenced or "blocked". That's for liberals when they can't prove their side of a discussion...I personally like to hear all sides.

33 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think the main reason that masks caught on is because they were hip in Asia long before the rest of the world started copying it.Β  They were them not only to prevent illness, but because of their polluted cities.Β  If you look at the photo below the paragraph you will see that none of the patients were wearing masks in the U.S., it was only the doctors and nurses. theΒ  Β A quick history of why Asians wear surgical masks in public β€” Quartz (qz.com)Β What's hilarious about this story is this line :Β Β Covering the face with scarves, veils and masks became a prevalentΒ (if ineffective)Β means of warding off the disease in many parts of the world, until the epidemic finally faded at the end of 1919.

I don't disagree with the asian influence aspect here. Β They've had their citizens wearing masks since I was in high school. Β The chinese wield tremendous influence here in the States at this juncture.

• Like 1

There are definitely some misinformed folks on Covid. Β That’d be anyone who gets their info from CNN or MSNBC. Β Of course, most of us know if you watch those two, you’re misinformed or uninformed on most topics.

• Thanks 3