2A-3A cutoff rumors?

Destry

9 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Well we once beat a team 85-6. As the paper put it, we put 60 on em with the 1’s then the 2’s let the team put 6 on em. First score against WO all year. So Griffin put the 1’s back in and put another 16 on the board for WO. Lol Roughnecks didn’t play back then. Paper wrote a nice article on it. Some more history here. Max McGee who everyone knows was 1 or 3 or 4 brothers that ran the ball every year for 15 years here. Max’s bro coy was on a notre dame national championship team. Also one of the only schools in the state to win a title in 3 sports in 1 year something the Tadum tirds won’t ever do.

I was being sarcastic HotWheels. Very nice write up though. Very thorough. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Please tell me that’s not all he talked about like you. 

Lol no he is a tough to the point dude. Even when we had Hood and company routing teams he still said we were soft. Used to get me in the feels, but he came from a time when WO was at times a powerhouse around here. I was away during the 13 run and didn’t know what his opinion of that team was though. 

2 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Feel for the guys in that break room. They probably just worked right on through break time. I bet half didn’t take lunch break either. 

Oh yeah my world revolves around a 1968 game score lol. I’ll start talking about how WO has made it further than tadumb in the last decade though. Got beat by who was that team? Godley? In the 2nd round? Meanwhile we shut Franklin out in the quarter finals. 

Just now, lionpride08 said:

I think the numbers will jump a lot this go around

I think you're right ... People I'm hearing in the education bizness are talking a lot about how Covid could skew a bunch of individual enrollments ...

This will be a very interesting year because of the pandemic and its effect 

The uil talked about the fact that the problem is there are not that many schools between 500 and 1000

That is the classifications giving them the most issue

You have many schools staying stagnant or losing numbers

Then you have all the metro schools building new schools and growing quickly

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

Just giving panther a hard time. It most likely would help them some. 

It’s just simple math.  We are one of the smallest 4A D2 schools with already low numbers for football.  If we dropped to 3A D1 we would compete & win more games which would likely increase football interest & participation in the years to come.  We have kids walking the halls at SH that would start if they played.

12 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It’s just simple math.  We are one of the smallest 4A D2 schools with already low numbers for football.  If we dropped to 3A D1 we would compete & win more games which would likely increase football interest & participation in the years to come.  We have kids walking the halls at SH that would start if they played.

I understand that too. We got some as well but I think they don’t play because they don’t want to put in the work required during the off season.