Marshall (4-3) (3-1) Vs. Mount Pleasant (2-4) (2-2)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Mount Pleasant  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Mount Pleasant in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Mount Pleasant in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

BIG game for both teams for different reasons.

MP needs a win to keep themselves in the playoff race.  Marshall needs a win to stay in control of hosting a playoff game.

I'll get all the good stuff posted later today.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tomlandry said:

Marshall offense isn't great but Mount pleasants is much worse. Marshall wins 

It’s no secret that our defense is the strength of this team.

But it’s frustrating to see our offense be so inconsistent.  They can look very good one drive.  Look terrible the next.

We have the tools to have an outstanding offense…. But they can’t seem to pull together a complete game.

They either struggle on the offensive line, or they make critical turnovers, or they have penalty issues, dropsies at WR, or the WB is off.  
PT, Jacksonville, and McNorth we’re good games offensively. 

Texas High and Winehouse were pretty lethargic. One because they had an outstanding defense. The other…. I think we were completely overlooking them because of their record.

I’ve said this several times this year….. no one in our district is good enough to be overlooking teams. 

We can’t get caught with our pants down Vs MP.  They would love to spoil our plans. 

Like i said in another thread, Marshall has some exceptional athletes on offense that just dont get enough touches. Coaching staff needs to figure out a way to get ChiChi Roberson the ball out in space and Jacory Smith down field. JQ Davis is a work horse and has carried the offense so far this season. The defense is still playing well although didnt play with much intensity against WH. We SHOULD win out but really need to use these last few games to sharpen up for playoffs.

We were….. uninspiring Vs Whitehouse. 

Hard to gripe when you score 26 points… but it was ugly at times  

Hopefilly we will snap out of our offensive funk.  Defense has been 🔥 all season. 

I need Marshall to come out like they mean business this week  

I feel like a spoiled brat complaining about a double digit win last week…. But to say it was an uninspired offensive game is an understatement. 

The Mav defense drug them to victory kicking and screaming.

Need the offense to start rolling again in time for the playoffs. 

Just depends on which Mav team shows up. They will need to come out fired up because a loss here puts them among the clogged mess fighting for a playoff birth.

I would like to see a more creative offense. We have a solid running game, so we should use it to our advantage.  Maybe work LB #6(6'5) in at TE some and use more of a PA approach to help open up the passing game.  

Upset Alert, Mt Pleasant has a tough run defense with a couple of 300 pounders. Since Hallsville just played MP, we can gauge where we both stand going into next week's rivalry game. Hallsville held MP down to 13 points until they scored with about a minute left in the game. 

1 hour ago, Rayz1 said:

Upset Alert, Mt Pleasant has a tough run defense with a couple of 300 pounders. Since Hallsville just played MP, we can gauge where we both stand going into next week's rivalry game. Hallsville held MP down to 13 points until they scored with about a minute left in the game. 

Like I’ve said…. NO one in this district is good enough to overlook anyone. 

Not over looking MP at all.  They deserve all the respect in the world. 

But you left out the biggest factor in this game IMHO. The Mav defense.  It’s our strength.  Held 6-1 New Caney to 9 points. Held state ranked Longview to 14. Whitehouse to 14.  Jax and McKinney North got some late points against the bench, but both struggled offensively against the defense.  Texas High had less than 160 total yards against us. 

Our offense is still finding itself.  It’s not flashy or spectacular, but it has its moments of brilliance in each game.  But the defense will be what leads the way to victory in most games.  

I expect a close game with Marshall pulling away in the second half. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Like I’ve said…. NO one in this district is good enough to overlook anyone. 

Not over looking MP at all.  They deserve all the respect in the world. 

But you left out the biggest factor in this game IMHO. The Mav defense.  It’s our strength.  Held 6-1 New Caney to 9 points. Held state ranked Longview to 14. Whitehouse to 14.  Jax and McKinney North got some late points against the bench, but both struggled offensively against the defense.  Texas High had less than 160 total yards against us. 

Our offense is still finding itself.  It’s not flashy or spectacular, but it has its moments of brilliance in each game.  But the defense will be what leads the way to victory in most games.  

I expect a close game with Marshall pulling away in the second half. 

I believe Marshall wins this one just like you said in the 2nd half.

It's been a crazy week.... doesn't look like I'll get the stuff posted on the site like I wanted.

So I'll put some of it here.

-------

Marshall leads the all-time series Vs. Mount Pleasant (14-4).

They first met in 1954.  Marshall won 13-7

They last met in 2020.  Marshall won 26-7.

-------

13 of the previous 18 games have been since 2002 when Marshall dropped classification.

-------

Marshall is (4-2)  Vs. MP at Sam Parker Field since 2002.  MP won the match-up in 2002 and the game in 2013.

Overall... Marshall is (5-2) all-time at Sam Parker field.  The Mavs beat Sulphur Springs there in 2009 when the game had to be moved to MP because Gerald Prim Stadium was a muddy mess.

-------

Biggest Marshall win in the series: 54-0 in 2015

Biggest MP win in the series: 63-14 in 2012

Highest scoring game in the Series: 64-59 Marshall win in 2013 (WHAT A GAME!!!)

-----

Did you know: 
Mount Pleasant has never won a football game in Marshall.  They are (0-10) at old and new Maverick Stadium overall.

I'm going with my gut one more time. Had Hallsville last week and I see potential for MP to upset this week.  Gotta admit this is a little harder to justify but MP has a nice team. IF they can just hold onto the ball and stop the offensive holding penalties they have a shot.    Yes Marshall is a deserved favorite and is deeper and probably have the better athletes.  But I'm gonna grit my teeth and say MP pulls another shocker.  

Best of luck to both teams

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:39 AM, THSfanatic said:

I'm going with my gut one more time. Had Hallsville last week and I see potential for MP to upset this week.  Gotta admit this is a little harder to justify but MP has a nice team. IF they can just hold onto the ball and stop the offensive holding penalties they have a shot.    Yes Marshall is a deserved favorite and is deeper and probably have the better athletes.  But I'm gonna grit my teeth and say MP pulls another shocker.  

Best of luck to both teams

If MP pulls it out it would definitely create a barn burner of a finish for the 2-4 spots in this district.