LE vs Gilmer

Liger01

LE vs Gilmer  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• LE
    • GIlmer

This poll is closed to new votes

Wish L-E could win this one, but I expect them to have trouble scoring, and stopping Gilmer. Expect Gilmer to win big, but if it's close it means L-E is getting better. I'm not sure L-E will win another game this season, hope I'm wrong.

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Texlov said:

Wish L-E could win this one, but I expect them to have trouble scoring, and stopping Gilmer. Expect Gilmer to win big, but if it's close it means L-E is getting better. I'm not sure L-E will win another game this season, hope I'm wrong.

I’ll have to take le over  pg follwing this game on Friday . hope le comes out finds a way to score early.  Credit to Springhill but I’m thinking maybe players were looking past them for this week. sounded like gilmer played a closer game than most expected sure coaches will have them up for this game 

The Buckeyes played really sloppy against Pitt.  Some of that had to do with Pitt being a little better than their record indicates, but penalties, turnovers, and lack of focus were major contributors.  I expect the Buckeyes to play much better this week.  Liberty-Eylau has played us some close games in the past even when we were much better on paper.  I expect nothing less than the Leopards best effort.  I hope we regain our focus and cut the mistakes, or this game could be closer than it should be.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

The Buckeyes played really sloppy against Pitt.  Some of that had to do with Pitt being a little better than their record indicates, but penalties, turnovers, and lack of focus were major contributors.  I expect the Buckeyes to play much better this week.  Liberty-Eylau has played us some close games in the past even when we were much better on paper.  I expect nothing less than the Leopards best effort.  I hope we regain our focus and cut the mistakes, or this game could be closer than it should be.

The Leopards did not execute this past Friday either. I expect both teams to bounce back stronger and give us a heck of a game. Everyone is writing the Leopards off in this game but I expect it to be a fight until the final whistle.

I’m going to give Pitt credit for last week. I think they played well and that new offense gave Gilmer fits for the most part. Offensively, Gilmer came out flat. I just don’t understand their play calling sometimes. They certainly did not play well that’s for sure, but a win is a win. In regards to LE, this could very well turn out to be a good game. LE always has good size and speed, but I think if Gilmer comes out focused (It’s Yamboree week) and keeps the mistakes to a minimum, they should win comfortably. I’m going to say Buckeyes win this one 42-14.

8 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I’m going to give Pitt credit for last week. I think they played well and that new offense gave Gilmer fits for the most part. Offensively, Gilmer came out flat. I just don’t understand their play calling sometimes. They certainly did not play well that’s for sure, but a win is a win. In regards to LE, this could very well turn out to be a good game. LE always has good size and speed, but I think if Gilmer comes out focused (It’s Yamboree week) and keeps the mistakes to a minimum, they should win comfortably. I’m going to say Buckeyes win this one 42-14.

Our OC isn’t very good and you can tell he doesn’t have alot of experience calling plays. I think he sticks to his scripted plays no matter what to much. I don’t understand hoe u can’t look at the defense and be able to change the play, we just stick with the play no matter what.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:49 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

Our OC isn’t very good and you can tell he doesn’t have alot of experience calling plays. I think he sticks to his scripted plays no matter what to much. I don’t understand hoe u can’t look at the defense and be able to change the play, we just stick with the play no matter what.

needing to change it based off front 7 alignment or coverage alignment?

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You would think but nope we run our scripted plays no matter what 

That seems so odd for a program of Gilmer's stature, to not be doing this. I haven't watched enough of Gilmer to see how true that is, but I trust the Buckeye fans know more than me about it lol.

Especially with a seasoned QB like Tennison, one would think your OC would trust him to be able to adjust at the line, based on what he's seeing, and based on the OC's philosophy, and based on the game situation.

I haven't seen LE play but they always have athletes. Just like LE, Gilmer always has athletes but they are alway more disciplined for the most part and play hard until the last whistle. I have been disappointed with the offense and how flat it gets at times. With all the athletes Gilmer has, they should score every possession except against teams like Carthage or deep in the playoffs. That Black Flag defense has shown up every week and Coach Edwards has it clicking on all cylinders which as you know defense wins championships. 

Gilmer can win easily if they go for the throat early. They need to get ahead and make LE lose confidence right off the bat. If the Buckeyes let the Leopards hang around late into the game, and hope to just skirt by in the end, this one could get dicey.

People are really thinking LE is going to keep this game close? I understand people saying “they always have athletes.” Gilmer is a year removed from a finals appearance. LE ain’t beat anybody that’s worth a dang. 
Common opponents aren’t always a great indicator, but look at both teams vs Spring Hill. Gilmer dominated and LE squeaked out a win.

Gilmer will have no trouble in this game if they come to play.

• Like 1