Spring Hill @ Pleasant Grove

PantherNation2015

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2021 at 12:00 AM

59 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Struggle win

Nope.  More like gift wrapped Christmas present from SH.  SH was ahead 15-6 with less than 3 mins in Q4 with the ball inside LE 30.  LE should have lost but they made a couple of big plays when it counted and got the W.  Point being SH is capable of playing with PG, just like Pitt did.  We just have to finish this time.

• Like 2

hoping for a good game . SH had every chance to beat le and showed  they can play with teams imo. Last few minutes leopards made some plays but sh did everything they should have. Being at pg it’ll be a tough game to win but I don’t think it’ll be one sided. Hawks getting better each week if they find a way to get rb #15 the ball  who knows  no doubt best player

1 hour ago, Panther89 said:

Spring Hill has got to eliminate penalties on both sides of the ball, and if they don’t, this will be a blowout! Pleasant Grove has too much talent on their roster, and the edge goes to the Hawks in this game! 

How many penalties & yards did SH have vs LE?  Have you watched PG this year?  They are not nearly as dominant as they have been the last 4-5 years.  They are young.

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

How many penalties & yards did SH have vs LE?  Have you watched PG this year?  They are not nearly as dominant as they have been the last 4-5 years.  They are young.

I don’t have the stats in front of me, but illegal procedures, false starts, and holding penalties are what’s hurting the Panthers! Our defense has got to stay in the game the full four quarters and quit letting up! Letting Liberty-Eylau back in this game with less than three minutes to go is unacceptable, period! 

17 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

hoping for a good game . SH had every chance to beat le and showed  they can play with teams imo. Last few minutes leopards made some plays but sh did everything they should have. Being at pg it’ll be a tough game to win but I don’t think it’ll be one sided. Hawks getting better each week if they find a way to get rb #15 the ball  who knows  no doubt best player

Come on Dorn. Don't give me that Ole BS get infront of the question

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panther89 said:

I don’t have the stats in front of me, but illegal procedures, false starts, and holding penalties are what’s hurting the Panthers! Our defense has got to stay in the game the full four quarters and quit letting up! Letting Liberty-Eylau back in this game with less than three minutes to go is unacceptable, period! 

Did we watch the same game vs LE?  SH had two offensive penalties for 15 yards and both were in the first half.  And do you really think the defense caused the L last week?  How about the SH play call on 4th down with under 3 mins left that resulted in the pick 6 for LE?  Are we going to let that one slide? The SH D held LE to 6 points for 45 mins.  They should not have been put in the circumstances they ended up with.  Yeah it would have been good for the SH DB to make a play on the long pass of final LE drive but it should have never come to that.

SH should have run the ball on 4th down to eat clock and forced LE to go 80 yards into the wind to score to make is 15-13.  Then recover the onside and do it again.  Or throw a fade to #10 in one on one coverage in the end zone.  He had a 6 inch height advantage over both LE CB’s.  Result is a TD, a PI which gives us a 1st & goal, or an incomplete pass which still forces LE to go 80 yards into the wind.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This game could be closer than people think.

Thanks C&C.  I think the closest comparison to SH on PG opponents would be Silsbee.  But SH doesn’t have the skill players or as much size.  So instead of breaking a 15-20 yard run, SH will get 5-10 but move the chains.  PG had a lot of success on the ground vs Silsbee, but they killer themselves with pre-snap penalties and turnovers.  Watching the Pitt game it doesn’t look like those issues have been resolved yet for PG.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Did we watch the same game vs LE?  SH had two offensive penalties for 15 yards and both were in the first half.  And do you really think the defense caused the L last week?  How about the SH play call on 4th down with under 3 mins left that resulted in the pick 6 for LE?  Are we going to let that one slide? The SH D held LE to 6 points for 45 mins.  They should not have been put in the circumstances they ended up with.  Yeah it would have been good for the SH DB to make a play on the long pass of final LE drive but it should have never come to that.

SH should have run the ball on 4th down to eat clock and forced LE to go 80 yards into the wind to score to make is 15-13.  Then recover the onside and do it again.  Or throw a fade to #10 in one on one coverage in the end zone.  He had a 6 inch height advantage over both LE CB’s.  Result is a TD, a PI which gives us a 1st & goal, or an incomplete pass which still forces LE to go 80 yards into the wind.

Someone should be fired over that situation.   LOL.  Not really.   

21 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Someone should be fired over that situation.   LOL.  Not really.   

Not looking for anyone’s job, but I’m not going to let those kids that played their heart out take a shot that should be pointed at the OC & or HC for making the call that put them in that situation.

• Love 1

On 10/20/2021 at 9:00 PM, RogerDorn said:

wondering when pg Qb will be back some on Friday app mentioned it could be sooner than later. Hope they win this week ...next week vs le should be great to watch.  I think sh is a good team hope pg can keep playing better on d

I sure hope the injured PG QB is healthy and returns on Mon.  😂

• LOL! 1