🐯LSU 2021 Thread🐯

Stoney

16 minutes ago, LOL said:

Serious question (totally not trolling): exactly what would Jimbo gain by jumping over to LSU at this point?

I gotta say, all things considered it seems like a lateral move (at best) for him right now. 

I think he’d find it easier to recruit at LSU. Not saying he can’t or hasn’t pulled top classes at A&M but it’s easier at LSU. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LOL said:

Am I crazy for thinking you go after Joe Brady? Yeah yeah, he doesn't have HC or recruiting bona fides, but dude is stone cold on the X's and O's. 

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's not necessarily a better job right now.  The pay can't get that much better...  Jimbo has history at LSU and everyone in Louisiana wants him.  I just don't know that it is realistic or even reasonable.  Ed O is gone, its just a matter of when.

I don’t know if Brady can work right now for LSU. If you want to take a shot on a former LSU coach go after Aranda. I’m real curious to see the coaching list for LSU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

Am I crazy for thinking you go after Joe Brady? Yeah yeah, he doesn't have HC or recruiting bona fides, but dude is stone cold on the X's and O's. 

Joe Brady will be in the conversation.  I also have heard Kellen Moore's name thrown in there.

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

Joe Brady will be in the conversation.  I also have heard Kellen Moore's name thrown in there.

If I was going the young offensive genius route, Kellen would be my choice more than Brady. Kellen just seems like a good college coach. What about this for a name? Chris Petersen.

Just now, Stoney said:

I don’t know if Brady can work right now for LSU. If you want to take a shot on a former LSU coach go after Aranda. I’m real curious to see the coaching list for LSU.

It should be guy(s) that have been there or just have a fool proof plan.

I told you my guy, James Franklin...  If he can win at Vandy and turned that poop show around in Penn State... just imagine what he can do at LSU.  

After bashing Aranda for his poop show in Baylor last year, he has really turned my head this year.  Him at LSU could be close to perfect.  I think of Aranda like Kirby Smart.  Defensive guy, but he isn't a screw up.  Give him 5-6 years and you are contending in the same way Georgia is every year with Alabama.

Joe Brady...  Dude can run an offense.  Can probably pull LA recruits.  They know his name as well as they know Joe Burrow's name in Louisiana.  Dude is an absolute superstar in Baton Rouge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If Aranda leads Baylor back to a bowl this season LSU would be foolish not to go after him hard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If I was going the young offensive genius route, Kellen would be my choice more than Brady. Kellen just seems like a good college coach. What about this for a name? Chris Petersen.

I think Peterson made it clear a few years ago that he is not leaving the NW unless he is forced to.  I like him as a coach and has all of my respect for what he has done in his career, but I think him in the SEC may never happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

After bashing Aranda for his poop show in Baylor last year, he has really turned my head this year.  Him at LSU could be close to perfect.  I think of Aranda like Kirby Smart.  Defensive guy, but he isn't a screw up.  Give him 5-6 years and you are contending in the same way Georgia is every year with Alabama.

Joe Brady...  Dude can run an offense.  Can probably pull LA recruits.  They know his name as well as they know Joe Burrow's name in Louisiana.  Dude is an absolute superstar in Baton Rouge.

How about you go after Aranda as HC with the understanding that you're gonna make Brady the highest paid OC in college ball, along with some goofy title like "Associate Head Coach" for resume purposes. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, LOL said:

How about you go after Aranda as HC with the understanding that you're gonna make Brady the highest paid OC in college ball, along with some goofy title like "Associate Head Coach" for resume purposes. 

Shoot, I would offer Aranda somewhere around $7-8m to be the HC and Brady $5m to be the OC/AHC if you could actually make that happen.

I haven't talked about LSU much this year, but I can talk about a coaching change all day...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Actually not a bad idea. I believe both probably jump at that. Baylor being a private school doesn’t have disclose the $$ ( I believe). 

They do not, but you have to assume its around $6-6.5 mil a year

17 minutes ago, LOL said:

What did Carolina pay Matt Rhule to lure him away? 

Found it: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28439690/sources-baylor-matt-rhule-panthers-next-coach-gets-7-year-60-million-deal

The seven-year deal is worth $60 million and with incentives could be worth up to $70 million.‬

Rhule made $4.1 million this season at Baylor. The Panthers paid a $6 million buyout to hire their new head coach, league sources told Schefter.

So basically $8.5 million a year, $10 million with incentives. Baylor's buyout was $6M. 

Assuming their deal Aranda's wasn't absurdly more, LSU could easily match it.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, Lobo97 said:

I called this at the beginning of the season.

I’m thinking only the most head in the sand Tiger fan wouldn’t have thought differently. Orgeron is not head coach material. He’s a rah rah guy that’s better as a position coach. Not the face of a program. 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:18 PM, DB2point0 said:

Hugh Freeze?

Mike Gundy?

Bob Stoops?

Michigan State folks are already discussing his buyout. 

• Like 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Brian Kelly going to LSU???