🐯LSU 2021 Thread🐯

Stoney

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Hugh Freeze?

Mike Gundy?

Bob Stoops?

Jimbo Fisher?

Let me just go ahead and put my money on the table... Jimbo Fisher is not taking the LSU job. 

Mark Stoops is a guy that might get looks and is realistic. 

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Let me just go ahead and put my money on the table... Jimbo Fisher is not taking the LSU job. 

Mark Stoops is a guy that might get looks and is realistic. 

Isn’t Woodward at LSU?  Do you think Fisher already knew about this when asking for the raise/extension?  And just so the mods know, this is a serious question.  Fisher has LSU ties is why I thought of him 

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Isn’t Woodward at LSU?  Do you think Fisher already knew about this when asking for the raise/extension?  And just so the mods know, this is a serious question.  Fisher has LSU ties is why I thought of him 

What would make Jimbo decide to leave A&M for LSU? What would make current LSU more attractive than current A&M?

53 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What would make Jimbo decide to leave A&M for LSU? What would make current LSU more attractive than current A&M?

Nothing. LSU is paying Orgeron his full $17.5 million buyout. They don’t have the $$ to get Jimbo to ditch A&M. 
https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tigers/news/ed-orgeron-to-cash-in-big-after-split-with-lsu-in-2022-cfb-buyout/?fbclid=IwAR1UA-o9c9K_7SfvTrrqZnuwNnODKGgDMRCx4_ejZo6nb-_VeahW7rnONLQ

Coach O’s little boudain was getting so much action it wound up screwing him out of a job. That’s talent.

23 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Wonder if he said "geaux tigahs" afterwards.....

You know he’s gotta sweat Tony Chachere’s. 

• LOL! 3

‘He lost track of who he was’
Inside Ed Orgeron’s fall from celebrated son of Louisiana to LSU coaching pariah

BATON ROUGE, La. — Five years ago, Ed Orgeron sped down I-12 at 6 a.m. with his head out the window of his black GMC truck blaring “Born on the Bayou” from Mandeville to Baton Rouge on the way to live out his dreams. Waiting for him outside the football operations building was athletic director Joe Alleva, preparing to offer him the LSU head coaching job. The kid from Larose, La., was going to become the most important public figure in his home state.

And somehow a lifetime has been lived within these five years, an LSU coaching tenure meandering from laughingstock to legend to statewide pariah. Few believed Orgeron should be LSU’s football coach. Then they thought he should hold the role for life. Now he’s been unceremoniously labeled a one-hit wonder and will soon be looking for a job.

Really well-writtten article, read the whole thing here: https://archive.ph/ojzkD 

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Brian Kelly going to LSU???