'anyone heard GREEN DAY's American Idiot LP ??

cheaptrick77

I love their 1994 classic Dookie, but was so disappointed with the follow-up -- 1995's Insomniac -- that I have payed little or no attention to them ever since.

I have read many glowing reviews of American Idiot .......... apparently, it is a "rock opera" -- a latter-day Tommy, Quadrophenia or Operation: Mindcrime.

Is it worth picking up ????

:)

I heard it once in passing in a friend's car, I thought it was very good. It's not exactly what you expect, but it's not so far out that you wonder who you're listening to.

Hope that's not too vague an endorsement. Good disc, I'll probably pick it up eventually.

Man !

I'm glad I don't let the political beliefs of my favorite musicians affect my listening habits.

Ted Nugent is my polar opposite politically, but that does not stop him from being one of my favorite musicians.

"Some of my friends are working on getting them banned on the radio in our local area" ??????? :ermm:

What good would censorship do ???

Originally posted by gooserboy86

After hearing it, and learning that they had taken a side in the political race, I threw all of my Green Day CD's in the TRASH!!!! And me and some of my friends are working on getting them banned on the radio in our local area...

Actually, what you mean is "learning that they had taken a side in the political race that I disagree with..."

If you want to throw your CDs in the trash, go right ahead. That's your right. Past that point, you're meddling in other people's issues, so just sit down, please. Compile a master list of artists who agree with you on every political and social point, and just enjoy those people over and over again for the rest of your life.

But don't try and tell the rest of us we have to listen to it.

Originally posted by gooserboy86

After hearing it, and learning that they had taken a side in the political race, I threw all of my Green Day CD's in the TRASH!!!! And me and some of my friends are working on getting them banned on the radio in our local area...

i dont like politics in my music, but it would take alot to throw any album away........ now please go get your green day CD's out of the trash and give them to me. I only have one, and want all the others.. In fact, if you ever are going to throw away a CD again.... consult me first.

Originally posted by ndn73

i dont like politics in my music, but it would take alot to throw any album away........ now please go get your green day CD's out of the trash and give them to me. I only have one, and want all the others.. In fact, if you ever are going to throw away a CD again.... consult me first.

That's a good point. If you really want to affect a band financially, don't throw their stuff away. Either give it to somebody or sell it at a used CD place. That way, someone who would normally be buying the band's album can get it without the band making another dime off of them.

And if you're calling local radio stations to protest, don't waste your time. They're all Clear Channel, and Big Evil ain't answering the phones anyway.

clear channel #### a big one... some one should get their ###### for creating a monopoly, quality edgy radio progams cant get their foot in the door anymore.

it doesnt matter cause the US will soon go to sattalite radio anyways.