"Rose Garden" star busted for DUI!!!!!

joboots

Originally posted by tiggerbacker

take my word for it, she has not aged well

My goodness !!

You are right, tiggerbacker !

I have never been a C&W fan, but I had a crush on her when I was 10 years old .......... :blushing:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singer Anderson charged with DWI

Country star arrested on Interstate 35W in Denton

(by Donna Fielder / Dallas Morning News Staff Writer)

Country music legend Lynn Anderson spent most of Thursday in Denton city jail before posting $1,000 bail on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

Anderson, 57, declined comment Thursday afternoon at the jail.

A Denton traffic officer arrested her at 7 a.m. after finding her passed out in a Mercury Marquis on the shoulder of Interstate 35W, police said.

Officer Jim Bryan, a spokesman for the department, said another driver called to report a possible intoxicated driver southbound on north I-35, weaving all over the road and onto the shoulder. At one point, the Marquis nearly struck a disabled vehicle on the side of the road. Officers began trying to find the weaving car.

The caller stayed on the line and followed the Mercury — a rental car — onto I-35W, reporting the car had pulled over onto the shoulder north of the Ponder exit. The first officer arrived seconds later.

Traffic Officer Lisa Martin made the arrest. When she reached the car, the driver was slumped over with a nearly empty bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey in the seat beside her.

"When I did wake her up and contact her, there was a strong odor of alcohol, she had slurred speech, her pants were unbuttoned, she was glassy-eyed,” Martin said. “She attempted a field sobriety test, but she did not pass it.”

Martin had no idea that she had anyone famous in custody until she made a routine search at the jail, Martin said.

"When I pulled her things out of her briefcase, some of her CDs were in there. I looked at the picture of a beautiful woman on the CD and I looked at her and said, ‘I can’t believe this.’ She never talked about who she was,” Martin said.

Anderson told the officer she was looking at a horse in Gainesville and believed she was in Gainesville at the time, the officer said. She was staying at a Gainesville motel, she said. Anderson raises quarter horses and has owned several national champions and two world champions, according to publicity information.

Martin said she frequently speaks to college classes about the dangers of drinking and driving.

"I grew up on country music,” she said. "I used to have a Lynn Anderson doll and quarter horse figure when I was a little girl. When I speak, I always say that you don’t have to be a criminal to get a DWI, you just have to make a bad choice. This is just another example of how DWI can happen to anyone.”

Anderson, 57, has been a country singer since 1966 and is best known for the 1970 Grammy award-winning song "Rose Garden," written by Joe South. She also sang the hits "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," "You’re My Man" and "How Can I Unlove You?"

She was named Favorite Female Artist by the American Music Awards in 1974 and Country Music Academy’s Female Vocalist of the Year in 1971.

Anderson is twice divorced and has three children. She lives in Taos, N.M.

She still performs but is not currently on tour, according to information on her Web site.

Anderson grew up in Sacramento, Calif., the daughter of Casey and Liz Anderson. Her mother was a singer-songwriter who wrote Merle Haggard’s first hit song, "(My Friends Are Gonna Be) Strangers," in the early 1960s.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how she looked in happier days:

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

southbound on north I-35, weaving all over the road and

thanks for posting the article. But i think the editor should have spent some more time on this section. If what this says is true i doubt they would have had to "look for" the swerving vehicle LOL:w00t: