Evolution, Creationism, or both????

jasonattsu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jasonattsu

I say both......I will elaborate more later, but right now its time for work.......

Alright......I say both due to several reasons.....One being the most obvious. The Bible says that God created Adam and Eve in his own image, right? Now, if we were sole believers in creationism only, and evolution was a lie, then how is it possible, IF we ALL came from Adam and Eve, that we have such a wonderful variety of people on this Earth? If creationism was the only way we came about, then shouldn't we all look almost exactly the same? :unsure: ........Now for point #2......For firm believer's in God's wisdom and power, most would claim creationism only....my point here is if that is so, then are you not slapping God in the face, so to speak? To say that God was wise enough to allow adaptation but not evolution is, to me, blasphemous and idiotic.......I mean, shouldn't we give our all-powerful, all-knowledgable creator more credit than that? :ugh: .............Now for #3.......For believer's in Evolution only.......many scientists claim that even though our genetic codes are 98% similar to Chimpanzee's, our DNA structure, the Double Helix, is so complex compared to other species on Earth, it would appear, and does appear to many scientists, that our DNA was constructed.........Darwin had a good idea, and I still believe it is a great idea, but there is still the fact concerning the "Missing Link" that does not allow the Evolution theory to gain any ground.....small leaps and bounds are possible, due to genetic mutations and other phenomena we contribute to evolution/adaptation, but mankind simply jumping from one very different-looking ancestor to another very different-looking ancestor is beyond explanation. :unsure: ........Now in conclusion, is it possible that we have a missing link in our evolutionary tree due to a "gentle prod" by the very hand of God???? Perhaps our creator first created us, and like a true craftsman, allowed his work to grow and flourish, to see what happens, almost like an experiment, so to speak.......And perhaps it is possible that we got a little off course, and needed some kind of divine intervention, which could explain our missing link, to put us back on track......Any taker's on this idea??? :updown:

Originally posted by Five0pd310

I say both. But not evolution in the sense that a dog can turn into a cat, but in the sense that a dog can grow a thicker coat if it lives in colder climates. Adaptation would be a more accurate term.

I agree with Five0!!

Originally posted by SAPACK1

I say both. But not evolution in the sense that a dog can turn into a cat, but in the sense that a dog can grow a thicker coat if it lives in colder climates. Adaptation would be a more accurate term.

I agree with Five0!!

But then where does one draw the line between adaptation and evolution SAPACK??? You would probably say that adapatation is "micro" in nature, and can explain SOME of our differences, but what about the huge differences that set different races apart from one another? Evolution on the other hand is "macro" in nature, and would explain/describe our broader differences both environmental and ethnic.....

Originally posted by SAPACK1

I agree with Five0!!

But then where does one draw the line between adaptation and evolution SAPACK??? You would probably say that adapatation is "micro" in nature, and can explain SOME of our differences, but what about the huge differences that set different races apart from one another? Evolution on the other hand is "macro" in nature, and would explain/describe our broader differences both environmental and ethnic.....

After taking the time to actually put a little thought into this conversation, I understand what jason is talking about and have changed my mind and now say that I believe in creation with the ability to adapt (no evolution)! I dont believe in evolution just adaptation...

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible. It is in Job and I believe it is around chapter 40. I believe the word used is behemoth- which is an animal with a 'cedar tree' like tail. The word dinosaur was not evented until the 1800's; therefore, you will not find it in the Bible or any other literature before the 1800's. Also, carbon-14 dating is a greatly flawed science. Some of the mistakes in carbon-14 dating are due to the huge fossil layers that are from Noah's flood. You can find more information on these claims on the website- 'answersingenesis.com'. Also, the different races of people on earth was established at the tower of Babyl incident. The people on earth all spoke the same language until that point. When God scrambled their languages the people scattered and populated different regions. Check out the website. It has a question and answer section that covers a lot of common questions from believers and non-believers.

answersingenesis.com

I just really don't care. I can't figure out why people dressed the way they did in the seventies, so I figure unlocking a couple million years of DNA is going to take more time than I have available. Doesn't make much difference to me.

Originally posted by oldsot

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/...on2.html#Primer

:cat:

Excellent website there Oldie.....How do you find this stuff, lol? IF what this scientist says is true, then what in the world could our common ancestor have looked like, especially with the diversity that we see on our planet today?? Wow, that's kind of mind-numbing to think about it.....:whistle:

So Ronin, are you saying that you do not think about, or even worry about, our origins, be they heavenly or evolutionary???? :ugh:

That's what I'm saying. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Literally. We're having a cookout tonight.

Worry? Why worry? We're already here.