What, no more Baseball Card shops in the Tyler vicinity ???

cheaptrick77

The only card I still hold of value is a Shaquille O'neal rookie signed. I used to have a Joe Montana rookie and Troy Aikman and a full set of the Silver plated Nolan Ryan set (made in late 80s early 90s??)

No idea what happened to all of those. I know the Shaquille card always was displayed in my room which is why is was probably always packed separately...

• 1 year later...

I can confirm. It's run by an older couple and has a pretty good selection.

It's called Trice Collectibles. I use them alot. Its on Gilmer road in a small strip of buildings just past the chicken place (Churches??). Also, Hughes Ellis, The sports editor at The Henderson Daily News is always promoting a new card shop in Henderson. Its called the Collectors Corner. They have a FB page.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/2/2015 at 7:06 AM, cheaptrick77 said:

OK, it is my turn to dig deep into the SDC archives... #dusty

'sez here that there is a Card Shop in Longview called Sports Card Shop - on Gilmer Road.

Can anyone confirm and recommend ???

yes, the old dude that owned it has died but his "wife" still is there and sells stuff...it's a little weird -- always seemed a little high but you know when you're the only "game in all of East Texas", I guess you can do whatever. tons of good shops in the metroplex. I had just over 3,000 autographs that I finally sold out of my collection this past summer.  

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yes, the old dude that owned it has died but his "wife" still is there and sells stuff...it's a little weird -- always seemed a little high but you know when you're the only "game in all of East Texas", I guess you can do whatever. tons of good shops in the metroplex. I had just over 3,000 autographs that I finally sold out of my collection this past summer.  

Prayers for you with your Dr.'s diagnosis.  I hope you beat whatever life threatening illness you have...  Why else in the world would someone sell their collection, unless they were out of a job, and with the Trump economy that's near impossible, unless you aren't looking for a job.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 6:31 PM, kingwolf said:

anyone still collecting or selling baseball cards out there?

I still buy cards, I have found out that hitting garage sales gets you a lot of cards at a very discounted price. Not all of the cards are "grade 10", but you can still find some that valuable. I find that the most people buy them for the kids, store them in a plastic box, and find out it takes up too much room in the closet and they sell them, because their kid wasn't interested. I bought over 50,000 cards last summer and spent less than $40 total. I would also spend some time at Estate Sales, sometimes you can make a great deal there also. 

As for collecting, I have well over a million cards, and just was given 2 shoe boxes of cards last night, when another teacher at the school that I work at was cleaning up her sons bedroom, because he was moving out. He told her to throw them away. She said she knew a guy that would just take them, me, and brought them to me. Since I live just East of the Metromess, there were a lot of older Cowboy & Mavs players, including an Emmett & Troy Rookie cards. But free is free. But I have plenty of room to keep them stored and safe, my wife and kids will be the ones that will have to worry about them in the future. LOL.