"Hide and Seek" big predictable cliche (spoiler warning)

TheLongRanger

First of all let me say that i knew who "charlie" was before the title of the movie came up

i honestly cant understand why everyone in the world (especially my friends who took me) like these movies. There is nothing original about them.

OK lets list the cliches

Killer is the main character (secret window, the shining, identity, what lies beneath)

Creepy kid

Sheriff is likely killer

nieghbor is likely killer

Blonde goes up stair but never comes down

old style home in a seemingly deserted area

no one has a cell phone

well thats all i can think of right now. and i realize i sound like a movie snob. But can people honestly not see how formulated these movies are?

do yourself a favor, and go see sideways or million dollar baby.

I think they probably did too much promo on that one. In fact, I heard they had to change the ending because the press had found out the original ending. Actually I thought the acting and the directing was excellent. It may not have had all the graphics and high tech stuff people expect now of days but the story line was solid. But we can agree to disagree.

Good actors dont make a good movie.

hide and seek certainly proved that.

the villiage was also terribly predictable, maybe because of all the hype.

but as soon as i saw bright colors in an 1800 town, i knew how it was going to end.

the villiage is another example of how good actors, cannot make a bad screenplay good.

it wasnt the six year old, the six year old was the representation of the killer inside the big bald guy, who was the real killer.

In effect everyone trapped at the hotel was the fat bald guy.

that is why i said the main character ended up being the killer.

nobody was actually killed in Idendity until the end, when the fat guy kills the cops.

the little boy just was the last suriving personality

Originally posted by BoBellCrew

I don't see how anybody could have seen the ending of The Village coming... I thought it was good.

when i saw the bright colors that the townsfolk were wearing. i knew that the movie was set in present times rather than the 1800's like MNS wanted you to believe.

Signs and 6th sense are some of the few orignial ideas in the horror genre. if you really call it horror.

Originally posted by TheLongRanger

when i saw the bright colors that the townsfolk were wearing. i knew that the movie was set in present times rather than the 1800's like MNS wanted you to believe.

Signs and 6th sense are some of the few orignial ideas in the horror genre. if you really call it horror.

Why couldn't that have just been a historical inaccuracy on MNS's part?

well it could have been. but i saw it, and just thought "ok this is either ridiculous that these people are wearing such bright colors, or its a hint to the ending, like all his movies have, you just usually dont figure them out until the end. in this case i was right."

and once you get an idea of what a "secret" and it continues to plausible thourgh the whole, movie, it makes it not very fun.

• 1 month later...