Who's the biggest celebrity you've ever met?

rubsumdirtonit

T.O.

J.J. Stokes

-I stayed in the same hotel as the 49ers when they played the cowboys in 2000. I saw the whole team, but only met two of them.

And yes, LongRanger, I think churches have a lot better things to spend their money on than bigger churches; but hey, that's just me.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by TheLongRanger

lol i mess my parents all the time, they go there. and i always harass them about going to a gigantic church.

i just dont understand why it is nessasary to have 20 foot celings, couldnt that money have gone to something more productive?

i dont have anything against anyone who goes there, i just cant relate to liking a church that big.

Okay... first of all, there's nothing wrong with "a gigantic church." The church grows and so when it does we make more room... there's about 13,000 members, so GABC definitely isn't gonna be some small town church... there's a lot of great people there and a lot of great ministries... As for myself, I'm actually going to Washington, DC this summer on a high school choir tour <Praise Alive> <<<That's our group's name... last year we went to NYC... worked with homeless people and a lot of other great things... so don't judge a church by it's size...

Another thing: I used to live around Cedar Creek Lake and I went to a very small church in Tool... When my family moved, I thought GABC was some Snobville church of Tyler... and I was WRONG... I've met a lot of people there and have a lot of Christian friends now... it's truly awesome. You should come see our Homecoming concert this summer _July 17_ U'd have a blast... and maybe then u'll realize we're not some money-hungry church as I've heard some people say (not u).

ive been to the church several times, and its not for me.

Did u ever try to get involved in a Sunday morning Bible study? If not, u missed out. That's basically the best way to meet people and grow in faith... if u surround urself with a lot of Christian people, I believe, u'll have a better outlook on life.

lol typical religious zealot, if someone doesnt think exactly like you do, then they must not go to church. When you were building that mall of a church, why didnt you put a little of the multi-million dollar complex toward missionary activities. or put it towards some rennovation in the poverty stricken areas of tyler? i could take this alot further, but as i said earlier, i like alot of people who go to this church, and im not gonna call it out as much as i could.

i was gonna just drop it, but since you decided that i dont have the right outlook on life, im not gonna let it go.

Originally posted by cheaptrick77
Originally posted by redrocket

Hey, what's the most famous person you guys have ever met in church?

Wouldn't the one and only answer be . . . . . . . . . . God ???

:whistle:

God as person? Not sure about that one.

I meant somebody actually in the flesh, like Jimmy Swaggart, or Scott Stapp, or ODB.

Met Shaquille O'Neal when I was in San Antonio for the military..His grandma cut hair on base and he would come up and play pick-up games at the courts....Played games with him and against him, but preferred playing on his team..Now this was right before he went to LSU, so he had not made the big time quite yet...

lol typical religious zealot, if someone doesnt think exactly like you do, then they must not go to church. When you were building that mall of a church, why didnt you put a little of the multi-million dollar complex toward missionary activities. or put it towards some rennovation in the poverty stricken areas of tyler? i could take this alot further, but as i said earlier, i like alot of people who go to this church, and im not gonna call it out as much as i could.

i was gonna just drop it, but since you decided that i dont have the right outlook on life, im not gonna let it go.

Okay, u wanna talk about missionary work? Fine then, we have a lot of missionary work going on... our high school choir director just returned from Thailand... the whole high school choir itself is going to DC for missionary work this summer and we have a lot of different people goin' to Japan, China, Laredo, Mexico, and other Central American countries...