"Juiced" by Jose Canseco

Has anyone else read this book yet? I picked it up on vacation to have something to sit back and read.... This guy is messed up.... His whole book is about steroids not being a bad thing and how everyone should feel sorry for him for all the things that have happened to him.... He even goes as far to insist that he could have carried the Yankees alone to the World Championship in 2000 if they had given him a chance and blames striking out in his lone plate appearance in the Subway Series on Joe Torre not giving him more time.... This guy is nothing but a big crybaby who I have even less respect for now that I've read his words for 300 pages nearly....

I just want to know what anyone else has to say who has read the book....

No doubt, I couldn't believe how much he criticized Ripken.... There weren't many players in the book he didn't rip besides him and Ozzie, who had what, 15 career homers?

It was a fun book to read no doubt, and it was an easy read at that.... Intellectual people will disagree with it, but us idiot sports fans will all like it, its nothing but baseball and women and fast cars....

• 7 months later...

WOW -- what is everyone's opinion of Jose now ???

I never was a fan, but he did have the best quote during the Senate Hearings:

"Based on today's testimony, sounds like I'm the only one who ever used steroids in Baseball."

:whome:

Right after his ol' buddy Raffy said he never ever ever did any drugs:whome:, I guess that made Jose the guilty one:yawn: !!

He still is trying so very hard to sell some books and find some team to let him have one more chance............he wants that 500th homer so bad !!:yay: