How much did Jordan's cost when they 1st came out?

pistolwhipped

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the 7th Grade when they first came out.....1985. I do not remember how much they cost cause my mom bought them. I do remember that my feet were so small that mine were called Sky Jordans. I also had a pair of Winners Choice fake Jordans before I got the real things.

I think I must remember them on sale. One year I was going to buy a pair at the sportster for $32 but my brother told me Dad would beat my butt for spending that kind of money on shoes. I settled for a pair of $10 spud webb pony's.

WALMART SHOES DO NOT LAST WORTH A #### unless you buy the rubber boots.

Originally posted by squirmee01

If they cost $102 in 1992, they surely did not cost that much when they came out in the mid 80's.

I'm saying $55-60.

I agree with squirmee and I believe he had the mullet to match. Squirmee was a huge Jordan and Magic fan back in the day. He also did a mean SNL-Eddie Murphy- "Buckwheat" impersonation, so I have been told.

:whistle:

Originally posted by JPure

If they cost $102 in 1992, they surely did not cost that much when they came out in the mid 80's.

I'm saying $55-60.

I agree with squirmee and I believe he had the mullet to match. Squirmee was a huge Jordan and Magic fan back in the day. He also did a mean SNL-Eddie Murphy- "Buckwheat" impersonation, so I have been told.

:whistle:

he definately had the mullet....looked an awful lot like his pops....lol....cant say that i didnt have one though.....is that "Buckwheat still on his answering machine....hahaha

Cat91 and pistolwhipped are both right. Father and son definitely had the matching mullets. I can't say to much either. I got my mom to splurge for the "canvas" Jordan's and got laughed off of my school bus. Cat91, if you remember back then I referred to myself as Air J. My prowess on 8-foot goals is legendary on the neigborhood courts of Whitehouse. Those were truly the "good ole days".

I bought them in oct 86 for 7th grade basketball. I think they were 75 dollars. I read that the card that came with them of jordan dunking on a playground goal recently sold for 2000 dollars. I still have mine but it is packed away.

Jfro- Don't start talking about hair styles!!!!!!!

Air J ????????? You may have had the "J", but I know for sure there was NO air to go along with it!!!!!!!!!

Just remember.............Don't fall for the headfake!!!!!!!!

Cat91- Man I thought we were friends, then you had to go and rag on my mini-mullet with A PERM!!!!!!! I thought you started that fad!!!!!

i didnt really get into shoes untill i was in jr high and the first pair i got were the 12s whichi loved...but then the 13s came out and love wasnt even the word, i mean i am still wearing them somedays when dont have the maroon retos on! i still at the other colors and if i had enough money i would buy them

its still alittle upsetting i have to buy mine online becuase no one has size 14, there should be a store for us bigger people

Air J ????????? You may have had the "J", but I know for sure there was NO air to go along with it!!!!!!!!!

Cat91- Man I thought we were friends, then you had to go and rag on my mini-mullet with A PERM!!!!!!! I thought you started that fad!!!!!

no doubt on the "J" from j-pure - and the no air

btw my perm was all natural baby!!! couldnt resist squirmee....love ya man, even though your team beats my tail everytime we play

".....Don't fall for THE headfake!!!!!!!"

THE headfake- as in just one!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know my rule- You have a three headfake limit and then I am going to clobber you no matter what. Although, lately you have been too scared to show up on Sunday afternoons anyway. But I understand, that's a long way to drive just to get rolled up. ;)