How much did Jordan's cost when they 1st came out?

pistolwhipped

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not worry about it too much Cat91................... Jpurrrr only informs the people that are old and washed up to come and play. You see, he has lost a step (or two or three or four) and he does not want any competition. He has officially graduated to the old man league. Heck, he prob. even wears the mandatory knee brace that is required to be in the league.

I like to think of the change in my "game" in terms of evolution. Although...... just like evolution my game is not evolving into an improved version of the original. Nonetheless, until the stroke goes broke I'll still be able to put up a good fight. Actually, I am trying to avoid the "fights" these days. Maybe that's why I stopped calling ole squirm- he's just not a very good loser.:shrug:

Just jokin' bro. I know you are pretty busy coaching three sports and tryin' to keep your newly wedded wife happy.:love::love:

Originally posted by oldowl60
Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

Way too much for shoes. I pay $9.95 for mine at Wal-Mart and they last just as long.

Maybe thats why you have a slight limp sometimes, coach.:unsure:

Possibly. ;)

I thought I read somewhere on this board where you did not believe in evolution!?!?!?!?!?! And I know God would not "create" something as ugly as your "game"!!!!!! LOL

Man, we have not had a good knock down drag out fight on the court in a long time..........ohhhhhhh the good ole days!

Actually I remember having to BREAK UP more fights with you involved more than being in them with you. Don't make me call Poristowvxschki ??????(whatever that is) down here to take care of you!!!!!!!! LOL

You need to go back to the High School Sports section! You are ruining my reputation over here!

And, to clarify- a fight is when punches are actually thrown. I have come close a few times, but the most scared I have ever been was when my boy Tyrone threatened to lay me out. I don't remember Cat91 running over to help me either. It would have been ugly. Luckily, he let me off the hook for some reason. I am trying to change my mentallity on the court from "win at all costs" to "win at ALMOST all costs". Mostly though, I am so slow now that I can't catch up with the guy I am guarding so I can foul him. Wow, did I just admit that publicly? I am old. Ofcourse, it is much easier to catch up with someone that uses 10 headfakes before he shoots every shot.:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'll use them until they stop working! You are the only person that does not fall for 'em. ( I have tried to limit it to three these days) I even pass the ball if I don't have a shot after the forth one! LOL!!!!!

Did you just say that you pass the ball!!!!!!!!????????

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you are really stretching the truth.

You didn't do your devotional this morning, did you?

Well, If I were playing with you I prob. would not pass it (only b/c I would never get it back) but, ya...............I try to give it up every now and then.

Lately I have had a 6"10 guy on my team, so I try to keep him happy some of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, I was kinda the pot callin' the kettle black, huh?

I was thinking about some "real" legends from Whitehouse, and I was wondering if the kids at Whitehouse High School realize that their principal, Chris Moran, is arguably the best basketball player to ever come through that program. Do y'all remember when he came home one summer from college to work a camp and shattered one of the backboards!? I remember watching that group from '87 and thinking, "Man, when I get to high school, I'll be like 6'5", shooting the lights out, and dunking my butt off just like them." Needless to say, that didn't happen. Chris Moran, David Johnston, Roy Fuller, Scott Cooper, Roy Johnson- man, what a group. They got robbed at regionals. It was a travesty, and Hughes Springs went on to win state blowing everybody else out by 20+. :mad:

Oh yea man..................those guys were awesome. Moran came back as the asst. my junior year and he could beat anybody on the team. He is a heck of a person too.

That game at regionals was a travesty!!!!!!

Speaking of legends...............what about your boy Phil "The Real Deal" Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhonnnnnn!!!!!!! Just ask him, and he will tell you!LOL

j-pure, what regional game are you talking about? if its the one where we made the last second shot to win, that didnt count, then that was '83-'84.......what happend in '87, i dont remember.......

I am pretty sure it was '87 in Commerce. That's the year my sister graduated. Maybe it wasn't regionals? I remember "Dirt" and I went up with my parents and sat at the end of the court where Scott Cooper hit the "should have been" game winner. I also remember that Scott Callaway inbounded the ball. That was significant because he was just a sophomore that didn't play much, but he was the quarterback on the football team. He launched a beautiful 3/4 court lob to Roy at the top of the key and Roy tipped it to Scott on the baseline. It was nothing but net but the refs had run off of the court. I guess they figured it was impossible to get the ball down court and in the hole in 2 seconds. My distaste for officials started that night, and I am still trying to get over it.:rolleyes:

yeah....i remember vividly the pass, the tip and the shot...i also remember some hughes springs fans saying that "the ball was in the air when that buzzer went off"...thinking that the ball had to be in the basket by the time the buzzer sounded....you may be right on the year....i was thinking my uncle ('84 grad) was on that team, but maybe not....

That was the year the Whitehouse playoff curse started. It lasted several years and our group couldn't break it even with the enviable Tyrone Wickware as our fearless leader. Boy, he could fly couldn't he? Remember when he was matched up with Rickey Dudley our junior year and out scored him from the post position like 25 to 5. He had his issues, but he did know how to win.

That same year, he dominated the Boyd kid from C'hill!!!! He had one of the best blocks I have ever seen in High School. Boyd was posting up on the block, and tried a little weak turn around jumper, and Wickware slapped his stuff up aginst that big garage door in the old C.L. Nix gym. His head was up around the rim, and the ball hit the garage door about 12 ft. up. The whole gym got quiet for a split second, then ALL the "House" fans started going crazy. I was about 13 yrs old and was sitting on the front row, and jumped up onto the court when it happened. I think that was one of the best plays I have ever seen.(Especially in a game of that magnitude).

• 2 months later...