ANY EX-COLLEGIATE OR EX-PROS ON HERE?

I was just thinking as I was looking at the "most memorable moment" thread....

Are/Were any of you on SDC college or pro athletes?

If so, list what sport, what position, what school/team, and what years....

This will be pretty cool to see....

Originally posted by sppunk

I played a little second base for the Twins back in the early 80s. The guys and I had a great time, but we didn't win too many ballgames.

:w00t::w00t: Weren't you in the Soviet Union at that time working on your Ph.D. in Russian History. :w00t::w00t: (Don't get mad, I just could NOT pass this up and live with myself the rest of the day. :whistle: )

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

I played a little second base for the Twins back in the early 80s. The guys and I had a great time, but we didn't win too many ballgames.

:w00t::w00t: Weren't you in the Soviet Union at that time working on your Ph.D. in Russian History. :w00t::w00t: (Don't get mad, I just could NOT pass this up and live with myself the rest of the day. :whistle: )

I was a utility player, what can I say?

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

I was a utility player, what can I say?

:w00t: yep. plenty of time on your hands to do other things. :w00t:

I see you are at it again sppunk. I was actually getting back to the point where I began to take you seriously again.

You played a little second base for the Twins at the age of ONE or TWO!!!

Do you REALLY live in Harrisburg? Did you REALLY get married? Or are you living in deep East Texas with your momma?

Originally posted by Rhino2K4

I see you are at it again sppunk. I was actually getting back to the point where I began to take you seriously again.

You played a little second base for the Twins at the age of ONE or TWO!!!

Do you REALLY live in Harrisburg? Did you REALLY get married? Or are you living in deep East Texas with your momma?

Dude, that was obviously a joke. I wish to God I would have been fortunate to play any baseball - even little league - but a medical condition kept me from it.

Originally posted by Rhino2K4

I thought so, but with you, one never knows.

Anyway, congrats on your marriage.

I'll go ahead and say this once and for all: A LOT of what I post is all satirical and is inside jokes between some other members.

I get on here to waste time at work, during dead time between deadlines or while waiting on stories, usually.

About the only thing I don't make into a joke (be it myself or a situation) is religion. If you notice, I stay out of real serious debates, mainly because I don't take anything here seriously.

Mantle can vouch for this. But, I am in lovely Pennsylvania, where it was nothing but blue skies and 68 degrees today!

And, thanks!

I was the placekicker for Sam Houston State back in 77-78. Was named to the Lone Star Conference All-Academic Team. Held the school record for longest field goal (49 yards) for a couple of years. Still hold the dubious honor of most field goal attempts in a game, we tried 6 against ETSU and I made 3 of them, 32,34 and 48. Missed from 52, 54 and 57. The 54 yarder hit the crossbar........that one still burns a bit. I was the last of the conventional style kickers, everyone since has been a sidewinder. I still have all of the square toe kicking shoes from 9th grade through college. Went out last year and made a 45 yarder.......I'll be 50 in two years, so maybe I'll attempt to kick my age.......lol..........

I won the Heisman again!!!!!!!

I think it had a lot to do with my personal abilities.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: