The Official East Texas needs a professional Hockey team Thread

CalallenWildcat

I know that some of you get tired of me bringing this up, but why can't Tyler and Longview get together to construct a multi-sports plex/entertainment center like Beaumont did?

http://www.fordparktx.com/

Then, eyesores like Maud Cobb and the Oil Palace could be demolished to make room to build subdivisions for fans of the Mighty East Texas Drillers...:tongue:

Originally posted by Rhino2K4

I know that some of you get tired of me bringing this up, but why can't Tyler and Longview get together to construct a multi-sports plex/entertainment center like Beaumont did?

http://www.fordparktx.com/

Then, eyesores like Maud Cobb and the Oil Palace could be demolished to make room to build subdivisions for fans of the Mighty East Texas Drillers...:tongue:

I will be composing a comprehensive plan to bring more hockey fans to the Tyler/Longview area tomorrow. Look for that on the blog.

Ford Park....

I drive by there every two or three months when traveling to my parents' home in Orange. That place looks great! I think that the SouthEast Texas State Fair is being held there now.

If I was running the show, this is what I'd do:

I would build a Ford Park-type complex in the vicinity of I-20 & Hwy 271. This location would be easily accessible from Tyler and Longview. I would then construct hotels, fast food franchises, medium-priced chain restaurants and even a mid-sized shopping mall around the complex. Maybe even a water park along the lines of Shreveport's Watertown U.S.A. would be nice. Hmmmmm......:hmmm: I could be a RICH man.

• 6 months later...

Tyler / East Texas is plenty big enough to support a team!

The Rose City theme ---> TYLER THORNS

Of coarse if you put a rose on the front of a hockey jersey there would have to be blood dripping from the thorns!

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by CalallenWildcat

(hey, Central Texas lost its franchise when a movie theater opened up, this is important stuff)

Actually CenTex lost it's franchise when operating cost was 20% higher than Gate and Merchandise. Avg attendance the last two years was 1300. The new movie theatre opened up five years later.

I would love to see an east texas team, but the argument from the now defunct WPHL said that with a team in FTW and SHV that it would not be feaseable, also that there was not enough support. If Tyler would build a multipurpose arena much like the expo center in Belton, (former home to the Stampede), then the league would look into expanding. Not going to happen. Unfortunetly East Texas will never have a hockey team, unless the Brookshires will buy a team. lol

Originally posted by LoboFan07

I still say the East Texas Freeze LOL

We could always be original and go with Longview Lobos! LMAO :thumbsup::updown::lol:

I went to Dallas Freeze games, we don't even have a venue that is worthy of hosting a mediocre concert (to some), much less a cell phone tossing contest.

I say we name it appropriately, The East Texas Hicks with the Sticks.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...