NFL/PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Roach

Bullard Fan 10 -- For years, I thought it was John Roach, too. I was recently informed that punter Ron Widby wore uniform #12 during the 1968 season ... a year before Staubach's rookie season.

Kicker Dick Van Raaphorst was #30 in your 1964 Dallas Cowboys program

Name the first offensive lineman to win the UPI Rookie Of The Year Award in either the AFC or NFC...

Has to be either Chicago or Green Bay. I'll go with Chicago!

Looked at the List Of Enshrinees and saw that Ray Guy is not in yet :thumbdown:.. .......still. I protest that all the way to George Halas and withdraw my question. Guy not in the Hall. If Bob Hayes changed pro football because of his speed then Ray Guy certainly did so with his punting causing the use of a new term in pro football.........Hang Time !!

Somebody else ask the next question.............I'm upset now that I think about the "Guy Miscarriage of Justice" !!!!!

I yield my remaining time, Mr. Chairman.

Presuming that # 47(or the team mate in front of him) has the ball, the closest Falcon (visable in the photo) to him is #56 so therefore I am guessing #56 (since it is Havig's card, I would think he would be the closest one to an opponent)

So I say #56

^ the ball carrier is hidden from the photo (you can see only his lower leg & foot) ... #47 is Rams CB Charlie Stukes ... #19 is Falcons QB Bob Lee ... #65 is Falcons T Len Gotshalk ... and #56 is indeed Dennis Havig :happy65:

I always remember that his name is directly under him !! :D

Your follow-up, sir ??? :)

Morten Anderson who is the all-time leader in scoring for both the Saints and Falcons. I remember watching him in the late 70's when I lived in the New Orleans area and had Saints season tickets.

Next Quiz .............................Who holds the New Orleans Saints record for most passing yards in a season ?

Morten Anderson who is the all-time leader in scoring for both the Saints and Falcons. I remember watching him in the late 70's when I lived in the New Orleans area and had Saints season tickets.

Next Quiz .............................Who holds the New Orleans Saints record for most passing yards in a season ?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Drew Brees. ? ! ? can that be right? (I know the "Big Daddy" Archie Manning holds the Saints career record) If it is - I will, respectfully pass the option back to the Pride of LSU Baseball - Aight, Shoeless?!?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Drew Brees. ? ! ? can that be right? (I know the "Big Daddy" Archie Manning holds the Saints career record) If it is - I will, respectfully pass the option back to the Pride of LSU Baseball - Aight, Shoeless?!?

Brees is cool with me. And it is also correct.

Since I have the gavel passed back to me............let's see. While we are in a "saintly mode" the next question is........What year did the New Orleans Saints play their first ever Monday Night Football game ? Name their opponent and the score.

Brees is cool with me. And it is also correct.

Since I have the gavel passed back to me............let's see. While we are in a "saintly mode" the next question is........What year did the New Orleans Saints play their first ever Monday Night Football game ? Name their opponent and the score.

Shoeless,

Am I disqualified if I am related to a relative of a former Saint and NFL HOF member and he was no longer playing at the time of the game in question?

A. The Saints made their Monday Night Football (MNF) debut on September 25, 1972 . The 3rd

season of MNF--------Guess it took a Manning back then to get a team noticed.

The Saints, at the time, were one of two teams that had not played in the Monday night slot since

MNF had premiered in 1970.

B. (at home vs.) the Kansas City Chiefs

C. KC 20 - NO 17

Next Quiz…………………………........Are you ready for some football………… questions?

After the Saints Monday Night Football debut on 09/25/1972, one NFL team remained that had not yet played on MNF?

A. Name the team.

B. When did this team finally play on Monday Night Football for the 1st time? (mm/dd/yyyy)

C. Who was their opponent?

D. What was the score?

The Buffalo Bills was the team. They beat the Chiefs 23-14 on October 29th in 1973.

NEXT QUIZ.........How many games did Indianapolis Colts start the duo of center Jeff Saturday and quarterback Peyton Manning before Saturday missed a game this year with an injury ?

• 4 weeks later...
The Buffalo Bills was the team. They beat the Chiefs 23-14 on October 29th in 1973.

NEXT QUIZ.........How many games did Indianapolis Colts start the duo of center Jeff Saturday and quarterback Peyton Manning before Saturday missed a game this year with an injury ?

Hi SJL, Since you don't mention post-season games in the equation I will say that Saturday and Manning played 50 consecutive games together. The last two in 2004 and all 16 in each year from 2005 through 2007. Saturday was inactive for the first game of 2008.

Which two NFL players have compiled 2,000 career yards in each of these four categories. Rushing, receiving, kickoff returns, punt returns.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Eric Metcalf (UT)

rush:2392 rec:5572 punt:5813 kick:3453

Greg Pruitt (OU)

rush:5672 rec:3069 punt:2007 Kick:2514

if this is correct, you may ask the "Q" Mr. Fogger.

Very good, camuchs. Nice research. :thumbsup:

Although the norm is that you ask the next question...you returned the honor to me. So, here it is.

Including only retired players, which NFL player who had a 100 catch season had the fewest career receptions?