BASKETBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by spursfan2142

I'm going to say Rick Barry(correct me if I am wrong shoelessjoe)

NEXT QUESTION:

What player won the defensive player of the year and the most improved player of the year award in the same season?

Alvin Robertson

Next Question............What NCAA basketball team has won the second most consecutive titles in NCAA history ?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by shoelessjoelives
Originally posted by spursfan2142

I'm going to say Rick Barry(correct me if I am wrong shoelessjoe)

NEXT QUESTION:

What player won the defensive player of the year and the most improved player of the year award in the same season?

Alvin Robertson

Next Question............What NCAA basketball team has won the second most consecutive titles in NCAA history ?

This has been up too long. Five schools have won back-to-back titles. They are:

1. Oklahoma State '54-'55

2. Kentucky '48-'49

3. San Francisco '55-'56

4. Cincinnati '61-'62

5. Duke '91- '92

Next Quiz:Two players have led the nation in scoring for three consecutive years. Name them and the years they accomplished it.

• 3 weeks later...

This question has been up too long.

The two players who led the NCAA in scoring for three consecutive years were 10 years apart from each other.

From 1958 to 1960 the Big O, Oscar Robertson led the nation and from 1968 to 1970. Pistol Pete Maravich was the nation's leading scorer.

Next Question.............Who holds the record for most points scored in an NCAA Tournament game ??

• 2 months later...

Pat Riley won it 3 times.........

NEXT QUESTION......

When the "Havlicek Steals The Ball, And It's All Over" call was made by Johnny Most, who was the ball intended for when Havlicek stole the pass ?

No one has answered this question yet.

Hal Greer

NEXT QUESTION......

When the "Havlicek Steals The Ball, And It's All Over" call was made by Johnny Most, who was the ball intended for when Havlicek stole the pass ?

I first said Hal Greer but he threw the ball in. I think it was Wally Jones.

Originally posted by luv-sports

NEXT QUESTION......

I first said Hal Greer but he threw the ball in. I think it was Wally Jones.

I think you are correct. I believe that the five 76ers in the game at that time were Chamberlain, Luke Jackson, Hal Greer, Wally Jones, and Chet Walker, and the pass was intended for Wally. One of the greatest calls in sports. Johnny Most was great!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is one that made me want to jump out of a moving car last night. All of the NBA teams mascotts end with an "s", except for three. What are they? Some of you will get it right off, and some will be like me and want to severely hurt yourself because you knew them all along but couldnt think of them. Heres a hint, there are 30 NBA teams. But that may not help, last night I named 29 and couldnt get the last one.:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

In the early years of the NBA one team won 5 out of 6 titles. The Minneapolis Lakers were led by the first real big man in basketball.

Who was the this first giant among men and which team was the only other team to win the title during those first 6 years ?

that would be George Mikan.

Who is the only NBA player that has won multiple NBA championships with at least three different teams?

Originally posted by TJC_fan

What's the best game ever for Wilt Chamberlain at the free throw line?

He made over 20 free throws in the game where he scored 100. That had to be his best because he was horrible with that under-handed toss.