How many times is too many????

Camusmind

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to say once, but this is an interesting topic. i have had my fair share (2)lol of really bad heartbreak, but i find myself wanting to give the one that keeps coming back a second chance. i swore i never would, and i'd eat a lot of crow if i did. i'm sure i won't, just because we wouldn't ever be around each other anyway (he's in college station going to blinn, i'm in tyler) but the thought still gets me. so it depends on who you are and who they are.

i would be inclined to say that i don't believe in second chances, but you never know, i may be the one needing one someday. (not that i'd ever cheat, i certainly don't believe in that, i know how it feels to be cheated on and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy)

Originally posted by chsspiritguard04

Meh. Every girl i've dated has broken my heart. I tend to ask myself this question:

"Why is it the good guys that get hurt?"

...because they can, and they expect to be able to come back to you at will. My solution? Don't allow them that opportunity, even if it means going without for a long time.

I think once is enough for me. And i would take it as a learning experience because thats about all that you could do with it. Most people would sit around hoping and wishing that some how things would work out but "been there done that" rule does apply here. But let me say this, if i was a single man again and a girl put in the ditch i would still be her friend, but i would not get too close in fear of disater striking again. And there is nothing wrong with friends with benefits either.

Originally posted by Phixional
Originally posted by Sideliner05

maybe we should start a broken hearts club...

Sounds like a fantastic idea.

I thought there already was a club and the meeting took place with the "I hate my job" club, but the meetings are called happy hour.

Originally posted by EagleFAN8706

Normally I would say once, but I gave ONE person a second chance and we've been together for a year and eight months and let's just say things turned out great for the future :thumbsup:

thanks your the best and sorry!

My heart has been broken, run over, ripped apart and thrown away and just when I find the strength to live again, here comes that familiar feeling. There was a time when I had a wall around it (for about 3 years), but that was knocked down and it turned out same ole' same ole'. Now I just avoid those type relationships when I see them coming. The hurt is real, very real. I do believe that a person can die from a broken heart!

Originally posted by Kim

The hurt is real, very real. I do believe that a person can die from a broken heart!

So true. I honestly thought I would die.... and to make matters worse when we broke up my family was on vacation so I had nobody to turn to.... Broken hearts bite ######.

I don't think this is something you can paint with a broad brush.....it totally depends on the situation, but I would be inclined to say probably once - twice at the most.

Originally posted by Kim

My heart has been broken, run over, ripped apart and thrown away and just when I find the strength to live again, here comes that familiar feeling. There was a time when I had a wall around it (for about 3 years), but that was knocked down and it turned out same ole' same ole'. Now I just avoid those type relationships when I see them coming. The hurt is real, very real. I do believe that a person can die from a broken heart!

Are you my long lost twin? Wow... Very real post.

i was hurt once by someone. i'm not going to complain about the guy that hurt me...it happened its in the past and its taken a lot to get past it. im very VERY happy right now with the man i'm with :love:

wheres that happy hour club meet? :clap: i just dont like the shift...or the "clients" that come in on my shift. i was cussed and hung up on twice today by the same person...jerk