Worth It?

FreshClub22

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i decided i wasnt going to date until i was out of high school after bad break ups my freshman and sophmore year. then i let a girl talk me into dating her (literaly) my senior year.

Summer after my college freshman year she dumps me for one of my "good friends".

so given my current sitution, of getting dumped and not knowing what to do. i would reccomend kids in high school wait until college to start dating, therefore not making the same mistakes i did.

i had two serious relationships in high school, and they were both definitely learning experiences. i learned what i do/don't like and how to react to certain things. and in the process of going through two tough break-ups (from being cheated on once and the other is just too hard to explain) i've learned to forgive but never forget. i have forgiven and been able to hang around those guys that i thought were once going to be my enemies for life. i was hurt very badly, but that's life. sometimes it stinks really bad, but you always learn from things. i've learned to put my pride aside and realize that the world isn't interested in what has happened to me, but in how i react to those things. that's what i've learned from my past relationships.. so yea, i'd say it's not a waste of time but a valuable lesson, and plus, there's always that chance she/he could be THE ONE.

Originally posted by Runner4Life

i had two serious relationships in high school, and they were both definitely learning experiences. i learned what i do/don't like and how to react to certain things. and in the process of going through two tough break-ups (from being cheated on once and the other is just too hard to explain) i've learned to forgive but never forget. i have forgiven and been able to hang around those guys that i thought were once going to be my enemies for life. i was hurt very badly, but that's life. sometimes it stinks really bad, but you always learn from things. i've learned to put my pride aside and realize that the world isn't interested in what has happened to me, but in how i react to those things. that's what i've learned from my past relationships.. so yea, i'd say it's not a waste of time but a valuable lesson, and plus, there's always that chance she/he could be THE ONE.

You're awesome, darlin'. I hope you find someone special!

I dated a girl 4 years while in high school and it was the best time. BUT when we both got in college she soon realized that there were alot more fish in the sea and wanted to date other people. I agree, high school sweethearts are good but dont get too serious. It seems like when you get out into the real world and have a better understanding of life that you know what you want out of a relationship. I know personally that it worked out for me because I met a great girl, dated for 5 years and now we are happily married.

I think there should be a thread on the worst breakup lines ever. I would like to know who had the worst excuse for breaking up with someone. LOL

I say no.

Most girls I've encountered in High School seem to be too engulfed in themselves and various trivial things that end up preventing a serious relationship from occurring, or even have a hope of starting. Although, I'm sure girls would say the same about most guys aswell....

In short, teenagers are fickle.

Originally posted by K9Rebel

I think there should be a thread on the worst breakup lines ever. I would like to know who had the worst excuse for breaking up with someone. LOL

All the lines are the same. Girls are given mauals at birth and that manual is followed strictly. I bet I could list all the break-up lines right now:

It's not you, it's me

I don't want someone I can live with, I want someone I can't live without

You've become distant

I feel like I'm being smothered (IOW - I want to be smothered by a different someone)

You can do better than me

I think we should see other people (IOW - I found someone else. We'll go out on 2 more dates, then I'm through with you)

I'm not happy anymore (IOW - I've found a better nest, goodbye)

Originally posted by Five0pd310

All the lines are the same. Girls are given mauals at birth and that manual is followed strictly.

man 5-0 you hit the nail on the head.

reminds me of the song Standard Lines by Dashboard Confessional

heres some clips

Which one of the bold face lies will we use?

I hope that your happy. You really deserve it.

This will be best for us both in the end.

Which one of the standard lines will we use?

Ive been meaning to call you. Ive just been so busy.

Well catch up soon. Lets make it a point to.

P.S.Five-0 we should have some beers and write a book :lol:

Originally posted by Five0pd310
Originally posted by K9Rebel

All the lines are the same. Girls are given mauals at birth and that manual is followed strictly. I bet I could list all the break-up lines right now:

It's not you, it's me

I don't want someone I can live with, I want someone I can't live without

You've become distant

I feel like I'm being smothered (IOW - I want to be smothered by a different someone)

You can do better than me

I think we should see other people (IOW - I found someone else. We'll go out on 2 more dates, then I'm through with you)

I'm not happy anymore (IOW - I've found a better nest, goodbye)

You forgot one:

"I don't want to ruin our friendship by dating", also worded "I think we should just be friends"...I heard this one countless times in high school. Apparently I'm a pretty darn good FRIEND:getlost:

Oh and by the way I wouldn't waste my time dating in high school unless the relationship isn't too serious because:

A) It will bog you down because you will feel like you have to be with that girl 24/7, alienating you from your guy friends.

B) It costs a lot of money.

C) Girls are very emotional and are easily attached...most of them will start smothering you eventually and will want to be more serious.

D) If you go to different colleges, having a long-distance relationship is NOT cool. I've seen several freshman years wasted by people who did nothing but talk on the phone. College is a time to explore the possibilities and if your're bogged down by a distant person it can ruin a good time. Plus it will be hard to make new friends if you talk on the phone 24/7.

If you do choose to date in high school make sure it doesn't go too far...being with another person is a natural human instinct but if you get too attached it may hurt you in the future. There are of course some exceptions but 98% of the time you won't end up marrying that person.

I dated 3 girls in high school...only one have I talked to in the past year.

Originally posted by Colligula

P.S.Five-0 we should have some beers and write a book :lol:

Just as long as you're buying, I'm there. :w00t:

Originally posted by Aggie2008

You forgot one:

"I don't want to ruin our friendship by dating", also worded "I think we should just be friends"...I heard this one countless times in high school. Apparently I'm a pretty darn good FRIEND:getlost:

I actually thought about that one, but it's not really a break-up line. It's an "Ewww, get away from me, loser!" line. :lol:

Originally posted by Aggie2008

You forgot one:

I actually thought about that one, but it's not really a break-up line. It's an "Ewww, get away from me, loser!" line. :lol:

Yeah...that makes me feel better! :unsure:

:w00t:

well 5-0.. i think you messed up.. i would say that when a girl says "i'm not happy anymore" it really means "he has more money than you" haha! i don't know cause i've never had to use that line.

my line was "so when were you going to tell me _____ was in your bed two nights ago?? yea... that's what i thought, i'm done. oh yea, i need taht $20 you borrowed back." that's got to stink, but he was asking for it. i will never forget the deer in the headlights look i got for the next week. =) it was one of the worst experiences of my life, but it taught me a lot!