Most Influential Person of the 20th Century

Seminole44

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Negative influence . . . Bill Clinton for more reasons than I care to list!

Settle down there, buddy :rolleyes:

More of a negative influence than Joseph McCarthy?

Rush Limbaugh?

Al Capone?

Britny Spears?

J. Robert Oppenheimer - Maker of the Atomic Bomb.

If it had not been for this man's single contribution to our Society that shifted the balance of power over to the United States....who knows what language we would be speaking today.

Originally posted by dstan7695

J. Robert Oppenheimer - Maker of the Atomic Bomb.

If it had not been for this man's single contribution to our Society that shifted the balance of power over to the United States....who knows what language we would be speaking today.

also the man who contributed the most to almost ending the world in a nuclear holocaust. but i have to say he definitly should make the list as "influential".

good choice, but i think for the wrong reason!

He was the right man at the right time. Other scientists were getting close to it anyways and it would have been a few more years later if it had not been for him. The U.S. was already working on it, we just couldn't get it right. Just think if he had stayed loyal to Hitler. You should be very appreciative. This country should hold this man in the highest of regards. As for his feelings about the bomb...well here's a quote from him.

"I have no remorse about the making of the bomb and Trinity [the first test of an a-bomb]. That was done right. As for how we used it, I understand why it happened and appreciate with what nobility those men with whom I'd worked made their decision. But I do not have the feeling that it was done right. The ultimatum to Japan [the Potsdam Proclamation demanding Japan's surrender] was full of pious platitudes. ...our government should have acted with more foresight and clarity in telling the world and Japan what the bomb meant." (Lansing Lamont, Day of Trinity, pg. 332-333).

Originally posted by cheaptrick77
Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Negative influence . . . Bill Clinton for more reasons than I care to list!

Settle down there, buddy :rolleyes:

More of a negative influence than Joseph McCarthy?

Rush Limbaugh?

Al Capone?

Britny Spears?

Yes