XBOX 360

Aggie2008

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by poisonednutz10
Originally posted by Cribbie

I work for the company that actually produces the X-Box and X-box 360.

Since you work for the company, you think you could grab me one? :whistle:

Sure...just tell me where to send it. (Just kidding...I can't even get one for myself...I have to buy it when its released)

I tell you its just painful to watch all those units get packed up and queue up ready for the launch. I guess its like working at the mint and watching all that money go by......

Originally posted by Wildcat_20

I have a PS2 and X-Box and the PS2 is 10 times better!!! But I will probably end up getting this anyway since it will be another year until the PS3 comes out...:shrug:

Actually, I believe the PS3 is set to release in the Spring of '06. So not quite a year.

There will be 2 versions you can buy when it releases.

First, there is the XBOX 360. It will be $399.99 and include:

- XBOX 360 Console With Chrome Detail

- Wireless Controler

- XBOX 360 20 GB Hard Drive

- Component HD AV Cable

- Composite AV Cable

- XBOX Live Headset

- Media Remote

- XBOX Live Silver Subsription

- XBOX Live Gold 30 Day Trial Subscription

The 20 GB Hard Drive will be used to store you games, music and any multimedia you save to the XBOX 360. It will also allow you to play most of your regular XBOX games.

Or, you could get the XBOX 360 'Core' System. It will cost $299.99 and include:

- XBOX 360 Console

- Wired Controller

- Composite AV Cable

- XBOX Live Silver Subscription

The $399.99 system would be well worth the extra $100. If you were to purchase the 'Core' system and bought all the upgrades the main system comes with, you would be spending, $539.94, and that's before you add tax and a game to even play. Most games, if not all, will be $59.99.

- Wireless Controller - $49.99

- XBOX 360 Headset - $19.99

- XBOX 360 Media Remote - $29.99

- Component HD AV Cable - $39.99

- XBOX 360 20 GB Hard Drive - $99.99

*All prices listed come from the Best Buy website.

If you get the console you have to get the full version...if you get the 'core' version and gradually upgrade it you will end up paying about 150 bucks more.

ALSO what is IMPORTANT is that several of the games coming out will REQUIRE the hard drive to play!!!!

Originally posted by Aggie2008

If you get the console you have to get the full version...if you get the 'core' version and gradually upgrade it you will end up paying about 150 bucks more.

ALSO what is IMPORTANT is that several of the games coming out will REQUIRE the hard drive to play!!!!

Actually, I just read an article about the hard drive and it said that most games won't require a hard drive. But it would definately be better to have one. The game loads and game play will be much slower with out one. Plus, if you don't have a hard drive or memory unit, you won't be able to save anything. So it isn't required, but definately recommended.

I had a ps2 for three years until it broke, and now have an X-Box...I love both..I love ps2 because of gameplay, the controller, the number of games, and the fact online play was free.

X-box has the easier save system, and the graphics are amazing, I hate that the X-Box costs to play online, I think if I remember right the 360 will be free to play online

Originally posted by poisonednutz10

There will be 2 versions you can buy when it releases.

First, there is the XBOX 360. It will be $399.99 and include:

- XBOX 360 Console With Chrome Detail

- Wireless Controler

- XBOX 360 20 GB Hard Drive

- Component HD AV Cable

- Composite AV Cable

- XBOX Live Headset

- Media Remote

- XBOX Live Silver Subsription

The 20 GB Hard Drive will be used to store you games, music and any multimedia you save to the XBOX 360. It will also allow you to play most of your regular XBOX games.

Or, you could get the XBOX 360 'Core' System. It will cost $299.99 and include:

- XBOX 360 Console

- Wired Controller

- Composite AV Cable

- XBOX Live Silver Subscription

The $399.99 system would be well worth the extra $100. If you were to purchase the 'Core' system and bought all the upgrades the main system comes with, you would be spending, $539.94, and that's before you add tax and a game to even play. Most games, if not all, will be $59.99.

- Wireless Controller - $49.99

- XBOX 360 Headset - $19.99

- XBOX 360 Media Remote - $29.99

- Component HD AV Cable - $39.99

- XBOX 360 20 GB Hard Drive - $99.99

*All prices listed come from the Best Buy website.

that actually isnt a bad deal, i would proly buy the full pack of the 360...

Originally posted by FreshClub22

that actually isnt a bad deal, i would proly buy the full pack of the 360...

Might as well. You basically NEED the hard drive, and that alone is an extra $100. So you might as well get the main thing and get the other extras for the same price.

Originally posted by pirate4

Dang PN10, you have really done your research on this.

HaHa! Yeah, I sure have. I'm very excited for its release, and when I don't have anything to do, I read whatever I can find about it. Not all of it I know off the top of my head either, a lot of it I'll look up as I go, like when someone asks a question.

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

I will tell u this..Wait a couple of months to buy one simply to see what bugs they are. Both the X-Box and Ps2 when they came out had bugs, and it was not until the second batch that the better gaming systems came out

Yes I would fully agree with TxEaglecaller on this. ;)

Originally posted by Baseballstar6906

same here.:cool: i might wait for it to go down on price....since im not rich like someone i know on here;):whistle::mf_tongue:

Hey! You are the one who works at Best Buy now!!! You should get me one for Christmas half off :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ridgemont4

is NCAA football 06 available on 360? haven't seen it anywhere

Nope the only games that EA Sports are developing for the 360 are Madden 06 (which is COMPLETELY different from the xbox/ps2 versions, not just beefed up graphics but new gameplay) and NBA Live 06. Next year they will have the full lineup but it is hard enough to develop games for two platforms (xbox and ps2) let alone three...