XBOX 360

Aggie2008

Hopefully they tested the DVD drives on these things for longevity...me and several of my friends have xboxs that stopped reading disks correctly after about two years...you have to buy a replacement drive which was around 70 bucks the last time I checked.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Baseballstar6906

man i hope they make some BAD to da bone baseball games:smile2:

2k Sports has an exclusive license from Major League Baseball for the next 5 years, meaning they will be the only maker of MLB games for the new platforms. Thats fine with me because they to me make the best baseball games anyway. EA has a similar agreement with the NFL.

MVP Baseball is WAY better than anny 2k5 game....i mean come one you hve the

most game tuning options, not to mention you control how hard your fielders throw. but one think i do like about 2k sports is how smooth they turn the DP but thats about it. i played that game for like 3 months and only got the computer looking on strike three once and i strike out like 15 batters a game...even on the hardest difficulty level. 2k5 did have some clean graphics though

The Best Buy in Tyler put up a demo today for the XBOX 360. I just got back not too long ago from playing it for about an hour. It is awesome. I played Call of Duty 2 and it was great. I'm not real big on games like that, I'm more of a sports guy, but I went ahead and put it on reserve.

• 2 weeks later...

poisoned,

Circuitcity.com looks they they will have it this friday at 1pm Central time...this most likely means that circuit city will also have it in their stores at this time. They most likely paid an exclusivity fee to microsoft in order to have this.

Also, about baseball games how about EASports new NCAA Baseball coming out in the spring, it looks awesome

Originally posted by DeuceChunker03

Yeah, the Revolution is going to flop.

I'm ready for the 360. They are saying that because Sony is using the Blu-ray discs, their games could easily run about 80 bucks a pop. No thanks.

But on the flip side the Sony discs hold about 5 times more data than Microsofts standard DVD-9 discs. Developers are complaining already about the lack of room on the 360's discs meaning we could have the Gamecube-style double discs pretty soon for 360. PS3 beats 360 in this category.

Originally posted by phl1331

poisoned,

Circuitcity.com looks they they will have it this friday at 1pm Central time...this most likely means that circuit city will also have it in their stores at this time. They most likely paid an exclusivity fee to microsoft in order to have this.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. I thought the same thing too, but then I came to the conclusion that it will only be available online at that time and you can pick it up on Tuesday. That may or may not be right, but that's what I would guess. Best Buy isn't able to release it early because Circuit City said that they would sue them. So maybe they did get exclusive rights. Or maybe they just didn't want them to have the jump on them. I'll have to go check it out tomorrow.

I finally got on about 15 minits after I posted above, but didn't buy one. They only offer the bundle deals and I didn't care for the games, so I didn't want to spend the extra money for something I won't ever play. I don't know for how long, but they are sold out of the bundles on-line.

Someone told me that Best Buy and Wal-Mart wouldn't be getting the Premium edition of the 360. Anybody else hear this? I think the guy that told me was just blowing smoke. I haven't found any evidence to back him up or prove him wrong. Maybe someone else will know.

I went and bought NBA Live 06 and Madden 06 earlier. I was reading in the manual and it will be different from the previous releases for the PS2 and XBOX. The menus are different, the way you call plays are different. I can't wait to get started playing. Just about 31 more hours until it's unleashed upon North America.