Texas Hot Stove Report

OK, for all you Ranger fans....

If you could pick one pitcher for Texas to pick up this year, who would it be?

I think the obvious answer is A.J. Burnett, but don't be so quick about it. While I would love to get him, that may not be the best signing if it means spending too much (which the Rangers won't do anyway) and not being able to do things in other areas.

Personally, I think Washburn would be a good pickup. He has a career 3.93 ERA in 193 games. I don't think the Angels will resign him, because they need a bat.

I didn't list all free agent pitchers....just some of the bigger names.

Bob Wickman - retired I'm pretty sure

Ugueth Urbina - just attacked some guys with machetes and in LOTS of legal trouble

B.J. Ryan - likely to resign this next week

Kyle Farnsworth - WHY would ANYONE touch this guy????

Originally posted by sppunk

Bob Wickman - retired I'm pretty sure

Ugueth Urbina - just attacked some guys with machetes and in LOTS of legal trouble

B.J. Ryan - likely to resign this next week

Kyle Farnsworth - WHY would ANYONE touch this guy????

Let's see.....Kyle Farnsworth finished the 2005 season with a 2.19 ERA....16 of 18 in the saves dept.....87 K's in 69 innings.....Oh yeah, he's six foot, four inches and throws 100 MPH at age 29.

I knew some of those guys shouldn't be on the list, but I just put the big names on the list to cover them all.

Originally posted by MantleLives4Ever

A.J. Burnett

Kevin Millwood

Matt Morris

If Texas could do everything in its power to get two of these three guys, they'd be in the playoffs next year.

I don't know why, but I don't get the feeling that Morris could make an easy swap to the AL. I would much prefer Millwood, Burnett. Do you not think Washburn would be a good fit?