Is anyone else tired of this???

Wildcat_20

I respect Steve Phillips opinion, being a former GM, but couldn't we get it in a more traditional format? I mean, in about a minute he could run down what he thinks the particular teams needs are for the upcoming season, without the silly fake press conference. I would expect some silly stuff like this on Cold Pizza or something, but on Sportscenter????

Well, the first night was Boston, then the Yanks, tonight it is supposed to be the Cubs.

They have a fake background set up with team logos, just like a real press conference. An audience full of reporters, most of whom I'm assuming are interns, off-camrea people etc. But there are also several real ESPN reporters in the audience - Jeremy Schaap, George Wilson, etc. - and they ask the questions.

First Steve Phillips comes out and makes some statement summarizing the teams season. Then he takes questions, and answers them from the point of veiw of the GM. The dumbest part is some of the questions "how much pressure are you under as Cubs GM now that the White Sox have won" or asking about the front office situation in NY, are all about how he personally feels about an issue. But as we know he is not the GM, it is really immaterial.

Oh, and this goes on for like 5 minutes. You can see about 2 mins of the Cubs one on ESPN motion right now.

I saw only one of these press conferences and I liked it, Steve Phillips is very intelligent about stuff like that and he made some good points.... Steve Phillips should be a GM somewhere in all reality.... And to say ESPN is awful is blasphemy!