How does this 2006 Rangers rotation look to you guys ??

cheaptrick77

According to "my sources" :ermm:, this is the Rangers' best-case scenario (with, of course, the opportunity for any of the young prospects to win the #5 spot in Spring Training):

1. Matt Morris

2. Chris Young

3. Paul Byrd

4. Brian Moehler

5. Ricardo Rodríguez

I'll take it ...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of Brian Moehler and get Kameron Lowe in there.....I like the other four although I would still rather have Washburn over Morris. If you are going to go with an all righty rotation, then get Millwood instead of Morris.

i agree Loe is better in the bullpen.....i still think ricardo rodriguez could be a great starter if he can stay away from injury...last year he just got unlucky, he was on a roll and then got hit by a line drive.........i would still try to get a lefty like washburn in the rotation....other than that......:thumbsup:

They reportedly offered him a contract, but I don't think that means a whole lot yet.....I really don't think the Rangers need a 35-year-old starter anyway.

Originally posted by Living4Christ

I really don't think the Rangers need a 35-year-old starter anyway.

As long as it is not a long-term contract .......... the Rangers' best pitcher the past two years was 40 years old !!! :w00t:

They reportedly offered him a contract, but I don't think that means a whole lot yet.....I really don't think the Rangers need a 35-year-old starter anyway.

The Rangers need any starter they can get - be in Felix Rodriguez or Oil Can Boyd.

Cheapy, that's true, but there is a list much longer containing the names of older pitchers who have been anything but successful in Texas. If the Rangers are going to suffer through bad pitching, I want it to be with younger guys that we can hope have upside for he future.....a mediocre 35-year-old pitcher is not going to solidify an already good staff contending for the WS - just take away a spot from one of the young guns.

Cheapy, that's true, but there is a list much longer containing the names of older pitchers who have been anything but successful in Texas. If the Rangers are going to suffer through bad pitching, I want it to be with younger guys that we can hope have upside for he future.....a mediocre 35-year-old pitcher is not going to solidify an already good staff contending for the WS - just take away a spot from one of the young guns.

But Texas doesn't have a good staff, and they are most certainly not contending for the WS, much like the AL West.

Guest CNOrtega

Rangers unfortunately are still a few years off from being really good. Good news is Danks, Diamond, and Volquez will be good. Bad news is baseball's best infield will all be 3 years older when it happens. And Teixeira might be gone after this season.

a mediocre 35-year-old pitcher is not going to solidify an already good staff contending for the WS - just take away a spot from one of the young guns.

Nah -- a mediocre 35-year old on an inexpensive 2-year contract is no gamble .......... and it's worth the risk at the chance of catching "lightning in a bottle" (if you will excuse that embarrassingly overused phrase) :blushing:

Danks and Diamond are AT LEAST a year away from a spot in the rotation – Volquez a tad sooner ...

Originally posted by gwsoftball

I will wait for this rotation:

Kameron Loe

Eric Hurley

Juan Dominguez

Chris Young

either Ricardo Rodriguez or John Hudgins

long relief: Joaquin Benoit

relievers:

Scott Feldman

Carlos Almanzar

Frank Francisco

CoCo Cordero

If you are going to wait, what's wrong with Danks & Diamond. The problem is the Young, Teixeira and co. are good NOW. The Rangers have to prove to them that they are at least headed in the right direction if they want to keep them long term.

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

Nah -- a mediocre 35-year old on an inexpensive 2-year contract is no gamble .......... and it's worth the risk at the chance of catching "lightning in a bottle" (if you will excuse that embarrassingly overused phrase) :blushing:

Hey, I see your point, but I only share that view if the Rangers are expected to be pretty good. How many games were stolen from the younger guys while we watched Pedro Astacio last year? What did the Rangers accomplish with that experiment trying to catch "lightning in a bottle." lol

Unless the Rangers add one or two pitchers like Zito/Millwood/Washburn/Morris first, then I don't want to take a chance on the mediocre 35-year-olds. There is nothing to be gained by that in my opinion.