How does this 2006 Rangers rotation look to you guys ??

cheaptrick77

Originally posted by Bulldog7

Why dont we trade Tex and Young for Carlos Pena and Fernando Vina?

Because they are the only people on Texas' 40 man roster now who are really standout players.

The problem w/ Danks and Diamond is they've done nothing - absolutely nothing - and many scouts now believe they are highly overrated prospects.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody that wins 15-18 games is avg. The blue jays just paid Burnett 55 million and he's lost more than he's won.

As for the young guys that got some starts last year, I relly like Loe. I thought he did a really good job and his sinker should serve him well in Arlington. If he can improve like Chris Young, I think he will be quite a player.

I just looked up the stats for John Danks and Thomas Diamond. They tore it up in A ball, but their AA stats were awful. I think the theory goes if you can make the jump from A ball to AA ball, you will have no problem in the Majors. Not looking good for Rangers fans yet, but at least they're still very young.

Originally posted by EVH_Fan

1. Vicente Padilla

2. Chris Young

3. Kameron Loe

4. Richardo Rodriguez

5. Juan Dominguez or R. A. Dickey

Isn't that about how's it shaping up so far this winter?

Looks ok to me.

Yeah that would look OK to me too, but we just traded Young and Rodriguez. Dominguez and Loe are really the only young guys I see as having a real shot at making an impact this year. I would feel OK if we can land Millwood.

Guest CNOrtega

I'd like to see the Rangers go after Wade Miller, who the Red Sox just let go. Clemens is a pipe dream worth chasing. I don't think you need a Kris Benson.

Millwood and Eaton are 1 & 2, that is good. If you go get Miller, then you get a good young arm, but did not adjust very well to the AL last year. If Miller is able to make these adjustment, then that would not be a bad top three. Benson throws strikes and knows how to pitch. Having been in Pittsburgh and with the Mets, he has not had enough offense, and thusly has had to be perfect when on the mound. If he had Texas' offense, then some of the pressure would be taken off of him, and he would probably be more aggressive on the mound. His wife should like Dallas, plenty of shopping, and tanning salons. Problem is she likes to talk a lot in the media, ala Kurt Warner's wife.

I really wouldn't mind giving Wade Miller a shot at the Ranger rotation. Even though he didn't do well last year in Boston, I think he's definitely a proven big league talent with plenty left in the tank. Give him a chance to earn a spot in the rotation. If he pans out, Daniels could be working on an offseason for the ages.

The Rangers don't need to have a great staff overall, just 2-3 who will be consistent. They will score runs, and all the pitchers have to do is keep them in games.

I think Wade Miller would be an excellent pickup, he has proven he can pitch and last year was a learning year for him.

I agree with you Red....I'm cautiously optimistic about both of those guys. If that rotation stays pretty stable, then the likes of C.J. Wilson, Joaquin Benoit and R.A. Dickey can stay in the bullpen - where they perform much better.

I know CoCo is supposed to be back, but what is the status of Almanzar and Frank Francisco?