'Merry Christmas' to the ACLU

RETIREDFAN1

Friday, December 2, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Merry Christmas' to the ACLU

Posted: December 2, 2005

1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Kevin McCullough

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

For the last 10 years, there has been an annual rite of passage that Americans have come to expect. Every year, following the reflective and family oriented Thanksgiving Day celebrations, better than 90 percent of Americans begin their own celebrations of their dearest holiday of all. Nearly 96 percent of Americans observe in either cultural, religious, or community way the holiday of Christmas.

Some attempt to deny the religious aspect of their celebration and stick exclusively with the "secular" or "historical" or "heritage" types of observances. Atheists for example still put up a Christmas tree and exchange presents.

But Americans celebrating Christmas is not the rite of passage I'm talking about.

Rather it is the public assault against Christmas as is initiated each year by the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU has taken it upon themselves – as a badge of honor, if you will – to attempt to systematically expunge the terms, definitions, and in many cases the symbols of the holiday from municipalities to school districts, and from clothing stores to home improvement centers. Through threats, intimidation and – in increasing numbers of actual cases of litigation – the anti-God organization leads the charge. In large part because the towns, schools, and businesses they prey upon are small and uninitiated, they give up from fears of a costly legal battle.

And while the ACLU's advance seems unstoppable, little has been done to reply to their increasing desire to devour every public institution and re-conform it to an atheistic viewpoint that is every bit as much an expression of religious speech as anything they protest.

And this year, the examples stretch from Massachusetts to Georgia.

Well enough is enough.

My fellow New York-based broadcasters are doing what they can. Bill O'Reilly is nightly uncovering the ACLU's exploits and exposing them to the cable news universe. My friend John Gibson has written a best-selling book titled "The War On Christmas," which documents the worst examples from recent years of the ACLU's assault on Christmas.

Yet in my way of thinking, we have not answered the ACLU on their own terms properly.

Until now.

Beginning this week, and extending for the next 25 days, I am actively encouraging you to fight back against the ACLU onslaught – and doing so in such massive numbers that they will be forced to sit up and take notice. The plan is simple: Drown them in wishes for a "Merry Christmas."

What an increasing coalition of bloggers, media personalities, and public figures will be calling for over the next number of days is for you to send a "Merry Christmas" card to the national headquarters of the ACLU. Make sure the card is not a generic "Happy Holidays" card, but rather a specific "Merry Christmas" card. And if you're really up for some fun, hand write a personal paragraph inside, explaining to the ACLU staffers why Christmas is such a valued treasure to you personally. Send it to:

ACLU

"Wishing You Merry Christmas"

125 Broad Street

18th Floor

New York, NY 10004

Be kind, be polite, and heap lots of fiery hot coals upon their heads by doing it all with a grin on your face, and kindness in your tone. It will be far more infuriating to deluge them with correspondence that is argued logically and politely, from classy people, who love their families, their communities and their holidays. We would like to see more than 100,000 Christmas cards be flooding in to the national offices, so get your kids and spouse to write one as well.

Ongoing progress of the campaign over the next 25 days will be documented here. Already there is a fast growing number of large blog, talk-radio, and media personalities (Michelle Malkin, Hugh Hewitt, Radio Blogger) contributing to the cause. But spreading the word is something we would appreciate – 100,000 Christmas cards is no small endeavor.

There are many different ways to fight back against those who seek to destroy that which is sacred to us. But if we will not stand up for what we love, who will?

And by the way ... if nobody has told you yet: "Merry Christmas!"

LOL...good idea. Seems to me like the ACLU only likes free speech when they are the one's using it. If they are offended by something all of the sudden free speech doesn't exist anymore...instead it has become the "right to not be offended by someone else's free speech."

Originally posted by parentofredheads

I'm in! The ACLU has gone way too far. At one point, they were doing some good. Now, they're just another extremist group!

You're right...the ACLU back in the day really did try to protect civil liberties...now they only protect liberal interests.

what a bunch of little girls, the ACLU is. they consistantly worry that christian conservatives are going to violate somebodies civil rights.

they also at the same time accuse christian conservatives of being basicly dumb as a bunch of rocks but at the same time try to tie every conspiracy known to man to them.

i read 1984 and this is sounding more and more familiar every day.

For years, the evangelicals claimed "the Jews" were stealing Christmas.

Now, that is not acceptable, so the evangelicals say the ACLU is stealing Christmas, which is a not so subtle way of saying yet again, "the Jews" are stealing Christmas.

The anti-semitism of the right never ceases to amaze me.

Originally posted by Camusmind

The term anti-Semitic, as defined by every major dictionary, refers to discrimination against Jewish people.

Pardon my inquisitive nature, but then why not call it anti-jewish?

I still would like to get a definitive answer as to what actually is a semite. Would people in the Tigris and Euphrates delta be considered semites? If so, then the Garden of Eden is considered to be included and we ALL began there.

Are we all Semites? Circular logic, maybe.

Yes when Jesse Jackson referred to New York as "hymie town" a few years back, that wasn't an example of anti-semitism was it?

The anti-semitism displayed by the left never ceases to amaze me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS LIBERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

camus, don't come in here calling everybody that dissagrees with you "anti-sematic". it's just stiring the pot with basils name calling. stick to the subject and get rid of the name calling on a personal level.

Your president sent out "Happy Holiday" cards instead of "Merry Christmas" cards.

That's irony....

How do you know what he sent out? And isn't Christmas time a holiday? I know you God hating liberals despise that and all but....

The term anti-Semitic, as defined by every major dictionary, refers to discrimination against Jewish people.

Actually, Arabs are semitic people, too. Where's that education at, Camus??? The Semitic people are those who are descended from Abraham's sons Isaac and Ishmael.

Merry Christmas.

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

Actually, Arabs are semitic people, too. Where's that education at, Camus??? The Semitic people are those who are descended from Abraham's sons Isaac and Ishmael.

Merry Christmas.

So technically speaking Muslims could be considered Semites as well because they draw their lineage back to Ishmael (which is why the Muslim religion is built on false pretenses about God, but thats a whole different story)...interesting.