'Merry Christmas' to the ACLU

RETIREDFAN1

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Poor Camus seems to have been spooked. I hope that he comes back soon when his nerve medicine takes effect and gives his definition of semite, since he references it so freely.

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

Not Muslims. That is a religion. Arabs are direct descendents of Ishmael and the Israelites are direct descendents of Isaac.

The belief that Arabs descended from Ishmael was made up by the writers of the Quran.

Arabia was already populated by the descendants of Cush and Shem long before Abraham or Ishmael were born (Gen. 10:7). Their cities and temples have been well documented by archeologists.

The descendants of Ishmael were scattered in Northern Arabia from the wilderness of Shur to the ancient city of Havilah. They were absorbed by the local tribes such as the Midianites (Gen. 37:25-28; 39:1; Judges 8:24). There is no historical or archeological evidence that Ishmael went south to Mecca and became the "Father" of the Arab race.

And another thing:

If all the Arab people descended from Ishmael as Muhammad claimed, where did all the original Arabs go? What happened to them? Who did Ishmael marry if the Arabs did not already exist? If Arabia was unpopulated, who built Mecca? Since they say he moved and lived there, obviously it existed before he was born. The facts speak for themselves. The Arab people existed before, during, and after Ishmael moved started roaming the wilderness of North Arabia.

When they wrote the Quran they invented this theory about Ishmael because they wanted to attract more followers. The best way to do that is to find a common bond with people, and thus, they came up with the idea of Arab descent so that all the Arabs could be assimiliated into Islam. Another reason is that they wanted to have some claim on Jerusalem because it was a MAJOR trading city at the time. If they could somehow push their way into the covenant God gave to Abraham then they acheive this goal. Remember, the leaders of early Islam were MERCHANTS.

In conclusion, the 'Arabic' people are not 'Semites'. The only remaining Semites in the world are those that are the direct descendants of Isaac...the Hebrews.

I could probably write another 10 pages on the whole Isaac/Ishmael issue and how it relates to current religion but I have to go study for my econ final.