Winter Meetings / Hot Stove League thread

sppunk

Let's post all rumors/tidits/etc from the meetins up in Dallas here. I have several buddies who are working the meetings, so I'll be able to drop some one-liners they send my way.

First off the bat:

Boston looking at a Clement/Nixon for Abreau deal with Philly. But then, Texas came up with a Clement/Soriano deal.

I don't want that guy (Soriano) unless he agrees to play the OF. If he does, great. If not, I'm out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the one I read in this morning's Dallas Morning News:

Kevin Mench and Adrian Gonzalez to Pittsburgh for Oliver Perez.

BTW -- The Mets have spent way, way, WAY too much money & will remain a middle-tier team ;)

what's the salary trade off for Nixon/Clement for Abreu? What's in it for Philly to make that deal? I still scratch my head wondering why Boston went after Clement. I think Boston is going to have to eat some of that contract if they want to move him.

I dont see why we have to give up A Gon AND Mench just for one pitcher. We should get Oliver and a prospect for that much. I could see maybe just Mench for Oliver. I wish Pitt would fall back in love with Laynce Nix, so we could dump him.

Heres the one that stumps me....Barry Zito for Milton Bradley and two prospects.

Originally posted by Bulldog7

I dont see why we have to give up A Gon AND Mench just for one pitcher. We should get Oliver and a prospect for that much.

Oh, there would definitely be a Pirates prospect in the deal .......... those were just the three "big names" ;)

Originally posted by YosemiteSam

Why, would you have a problem with Soriano at 2B?

Because he is a defensive liability I don't want to watch/mess with day-in and day-out.

Of course, I'd rather have a pitcher that will win more games than he loses than a 2B that can't hit lefties or anything with an arc to it.

Sppunk, once again you are wrong, or you need to reword your sentence. If Soriano cannot hit lefties he cannot hit righties either.

Last year he hit .257 against lefties .272 against righties.

Over the last three year he has hit .278 against lefties and .280 against righties.

Few more things concerning my Red Sox:

Boston and Pittsburgh are talking about a Trot Nixon for Kip Wells deal.

Boston's Doug Mirabelli for San Diego's Mark Loretta is virtually a done deal.

And a Texas gem: Looking at Juan Pierre for Danks and an unnamed infielder in the minors.

Originally posted by sppunk

And a Texas gem: Looking at Juan Pierre for Danks and an unnamed infielder in the minors.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

This kind of thing is why the Rangers fail as an organization every year. Better not happen.

Guest CNOrtega

As I stated in another thread, Danks and Diamond should be on the untouchable list. Add Michael Young to that list, and everyone else in the organization is tradeable.

From Gammons' insider (and confirmed by a buddy): David Wells to Oakland for Justin Duchscherer. I LOVE THIS DEAL IF IT HAPPENS. Load up that bullpen!!!

Also, looks like Millwood to Seattle at $44/4 is a done deal.