'deadline' looms, US captures another goat

Aggie2008

The execution deadline for 4 members of a Christian human rights group in Iraq will come to pass today, with demands from the terrorist organization that kidnapped them likely not to be met. If they are indeed executed it will be a sad day for the west, but also the Christian community. These people have nothing to do with the war, and were trying to protect the Iraqi people from human rights violations. They are not foolish nor stupid for going there, they were answering the call of Christianity.

"Anyone who is not willing to take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me" Matthew 10:38

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Butcher' captured

A high-ranking member of al Qaeda in Iraq, known as the "Butcher," was captured by local citizens and turned over to the U.S. military and Iraqi forces, the U.S. military said.

Amir Khalaf Fanus was wanted in connection with several killings and kidnappings and was No. 3 on the most-wanted list of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team that patrols the area west of Baghdad.

Local citizens brought him to a base in the city of Ramadi, in the Sunni Triangle about 60 miles west of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.

Further details were not available.

"His capture is another indication that the local citizens tire of the insurgents' presence within their community," the U.S. military said in a written statement. "Iraqi and U.S. forces have witnessed increasing signs of citizens fighting the terrorists within Ramadi as the December 15 national elections draw nearer."

Security in Ramadi has recently been bolstered by the addition of 1,200 Iraqi security-force soldiers, a move the Pentagon hopes will enable Iraq forces to take over more security operations.

Originally posted by Voted4Dubya

Bulldog7,

I think your right. Its said that the people in charge are incompetent and completely ingnorant to reality.

BTW, how many "Number 2" people are in Al Queda?

The United States has NEVER negotiated with political hostage-takers...it has been a mantra all the way back to the beginning.

And as for the '#2s' in Al Qaida, as we kill/capture them, another person takes their place.

Of course we could adopt the Russian strategy of dealing with hostage takers......If I am not mistaken, in the 70's or so, some Russian diplomats/nationals were kidnapped by Iran, (I think it was Iran, correct me if I am wrong) and held hostage.......what did the Russians do? They also kidnapped some Iranians and began cutting off body parts and sent them to the Iranian government offices starting with fingers, toes, then ears, etc, etc........and to this day, I do not believe that any Russian nationals are or have been kidnapped and held hostage or for ransom by any other nation.......:unsure:

Originally posted by jasonattsu

Of course we could adopt the Russian strategy of dealing with hostage takers......If I am not mistaken, in the 70's or so, some Russian diplomats/nationals were kidnapped by Iran, (I think it was Iran, correct me if I am wrong) and held hostage.......what did the Russians do? They also kidnapped some Iranians and began cutting off body parts and sent them to the Iranian government offices starting with fingers, toes, then ears, etc, etc........and to this day, I do not believe that any Russian nationals are or have been kidnapped and held hostage or for ransom by any other nation.......:unsure:

The libs and lefties would NEVER allow that to happen. Just listen to the whine and complain about us depriving food from the scum of the Earth that we have in our custody in order to get information from them. No, we should keep following our policy of NEVER negotiating with terrorists.