Jon Daniels, Please tell me your kidding

Bulldog7

Earlier this week the Rangers were rumored to be on the verge of trading Hank Blalock and Kevin Mench for Scott Baker and JC Romero. The Rangers just lost out again, for Romero.

The Angels gave nothing for him, and I know they didnt get Baker too, but I think Romero was the bigger piece in the deal. This guy is really scaring me, he's needs to grow some and make a deal....besides dealing the best second baseman in baseball for a Laynce Nix clone and a few extra walks.

I think that's the point. If the Rangers had offered Blalock and Mench for Baker and J C Romero, we'd have them. Daniels did not offer that trade. The only way I think Blalock goes to the Twins is if super prospect Liriano comes to Texas.

It has also been reported in both the Dallas Morning News and the Ft Worth Star Telegram that Matt Morris has rejected the Rangers offer of 3 years and 25 million, that's 25 million dollars. It was thought to be the best financial deal presented to him.

Originally posted by Bulldog7

That was my point. Why are we offering two all stars for him, or even one if the Angels are getting him for a high A prospect.

The Rangers didn't make the offer. If they had the Twins would have accepted that in a heartbeat.

The Twins were the ones trying to put that deal together, but Texas wanted super prospect LHP Franciso Liriano included in the deal, which Minnesota said no to.