Yet another reason why I hate the overhyped Soriano

sppunk

[/]Soriano against move to the outfield[/b]

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - A week after the Washington Nationals acquired him from the Texas Rangers, Alfonso Soriano still doesn't want to move to the outfield from second base.

Jose Vidro, a three-time All-Star, starts at second for Washington, and Nationals general manager Jim Bowden hopes to shift Soriano from second, where he's a four-time All-Star.

"I don't want to change," Soriano said Monday night at a dinner held for major league players by Dominican Republic President Leonel Fernandez. "If I haven't done it before, I won't do it now."

Soriano said he had a greater comfort level in the AL, and he plans to become a free agent after next season and sign with an AL team.

"I knew the pitchers and batters of opposing teams and, therefore, where to place myself defensively. In the National that's going to take me a while," he said.

Soriano, who is eligible for salary arbitration, is likely to earn about $10 million next year. He was obtained from Texas for outfielders Brad Wilkerson and Terrmel Sledge, and pitcher Armando Galarraga.

"He's such a great athlete that he's able to play other positions," Bowden said last week. "He could play center, he could play left."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2266303

---

Gee dude, you are an employee of a company and refuse to do what the company asks? I wish Washington could pull a TO and banish him without pay for the season. I'd love not having to watch his amazing strikeouts on anything with an arc and horrid range at his "comfortable" second base.

Originally posted by sppunk

Gee dude, you are an employee of a company and refuse to do what the company asks? I wish Washington could pull a TO and banish him without pay for the season. I'd love not having to watch his amazing strikeouts on anything with an arc and horrid range at his "comfortable" second base.

You amaze me. I wonder what you would say if the Red Sox asked David Ortiz to play first base every day, because you know how he would react. I really bet you would be calling for his head then.

Alfonso Soriano is the best-hitting second baseman in the league, and no one comes close to his ability to hit the ball and run the way he does on the bases. He has the potential to be a future Hall of Famer and this is the respect he gets for not wanting to move from his natural position ... which he is also overhyped for on errors. He is a solid choice and I can't think of one Boston Red Sox fan or anyone else who wouldn't want Alfonso Soriano on their team. This guy is incredible to watch. You ought to try it some time. You might just be surprised.