Big Ranger trade

lobo4life

Originally posted by fatcat255

Eaton should go an inning or so deeper into games than Young, reducing workload of the bullpen.

What makes you say that? If he hasn't pitched 200 innings in six years in the big leagues, what makes you think he will suddenly do it in Texas? I don't understand why people are making a final judgment on Young when he just finished his rookie year!

The only good thing here is that Texas added one arm.

Originally posted by Living4Christ
Originally posted by fatcat255

Eaton should go an inning or so deeper into games than Young, reducing workload of the bullpen.

What makes you say that? If he hasn't pitched 200 innings in six years in the big leagues, what makes you think he will suddenly do it in Texas? I don't understand why people are making a final judgment on Young when he just finished his rookie year!

The only good thing here is that Texas added one arm.

None of us know anything for sure, it's all just a guess.

The only final judgment here is the one made by GM Daniels. Since he pulled the trigger .. we might as well look for something positive.

It looks to me like Young and Eaton are very similar. Not great and certainly not bad.

In looking for the silver lining, things that could possibly improve this one spot in the rotation:

Eaton averaged 5.74 innings per start in 2005. Young averaged 5.30. Not much, but 1 or 2 outs a game does impact the pen.

Combining that with Eaton's wider variety of pitches (compared to Young's extremely limited arsenal) I believe Eaton will go just a bit deeper and should help the situation in the pen.

The addition of Otsuka along with what has to be a healthier bullpen staff should give Ranger fans some sliver of hope.

Let's just hope Daniels isn't through and the next move will help make this swap look even better.

They're still the Rangers though ..... we'll see. :texrangers: