L.A Dodgers

qwerty

I think the Dodgers will make a serious run for the Championship next year. I'm an Atlanta Brave til I die but there front office has got to be right up there with the Yankees and Red Sox. They have landed key people for them and if they re-signed Weaver look out were looking at possibly one of the greatest teams ever.

Originally posted by qwerty

if they re-signed Weaver look out were looking at possibly one of the greatest teams ever.

One of the greatest teams ever ??? :ermm:

Have you started the weekend early ??? :whome:

Think of all the great teams you are trying to group them with:

1927 Yankees

1929 Athletics

1931 Cardinals

1970 Orioles

1975 Reds

1998 Yankees

(just to name a few)

Originally posted by pirate4

A lot of big names doesn't mean automatic championship. They will be lucky to make the playoffs, even though they are in the weakest division in baseball.

Take for instance the Yankees, they have had the big names for the last 5 years, and they have no championships.

And the Dodgers will have Nomar playing at a position he has little or no experience at. They will be better, but no way even a very good team.

Originally posted by ramsn03

Take for instance the Yankees, they have had the big names for the last 5 years, and they have no championships.

Take for instance the 1982-1995 Yankees .......... it took George that long to get it right (with numerous manager firings along the way!)