🔒 UIL REALIGNMENT MEGATHREAD 🔒

SptsEd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If history holds, and the bottom number in Class 4A goes up, Athens should drop. Though it didn't move the last time (the bottom number), the previous two realignments the bottom number increased by 55 and 60. If that happened this time, Athens at 947 would drop to Class 3A.

Every year the UIL surpises at least a few people with their realignment. I really believe that this year will see the most drastic changes ever!! I really believe that 5A and A will have several more teams than last year. That squeezes the middle classifications and it's raelly a wild guess what the numbers will be but here's mine anyway:

5A - 1899 and up

4A - 939 - 1898

3A - 419 - 938

2A - 209 - 418

A - 208 and below

The old East Texas 4A district looks like this:

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Kilgore

Henderson

Jacksonville

Whitehouse

Lindale

Nacogdoches will be sent south like their neighbor in 5A, Lufkin.

i just wish they'ed pick some numbers and stick to them. and just leave them that way from now on. then there wouldnt be this big controversy every 2 years. everbody would know where they stood one way or the other.

If they are going to alow 4 teams from 5a to go to the playoffs then there could be alot of 8 team districts in 5a. So with them needing more teams in 5A to make as many 8 team districts as they can , the numbers may stay close to the same if not go down a little.

Exactly my point with my predictions, 514. If you notice I have the bottom of 5A dropping about 25 students from last time. That's why I believe Nacogdoches will go back to 5A and go south with Lufkin. The reason I didn't drop the other classifications is that I think there will also be more teams in class A, given they want 2 divisions. Thus leaving fewer teams in 2A, 3A and 4A.

Originally posted by hoopscoach17

Every year the UIL surpises at least a few people with their realignment. I really believe that this year will see the most drastic changes ever!! I really believe that 5A and A will have several more teams than last year. That squeezes the middle classifications and it's raelly a wild guess what the numbers will be but here's mine anyway:

5A - 1899 and up

4A - 939 - 1898

3A - 419 - 938

2A - 209 - 418

A - 208 and below

The old East Texas 4A district looks like this:

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Kilgore

Henderson

Jacksonville

Whitehouse

Lindale

Nacogdoches will be sent south like their neighbor in 5A, Lufkin.

I hope you are wrong because because the ratio of students in 3A schools (419-938) would be 2.23, compared to the others 4A 2.02, 2A 2.00 and class A at 2.08 if the cutoff for 11 man is 100. 5A the ratio is way over as it should be. I think the 3A coaches would be extremely upset. I personally believe the top end of 3A will be around 855.

Originally posted by eagle9166

If Tatum does drop to 2-a what district do you think they will be in, any one have any ideal.

They could align with

EF

Waskom

Tatum

Harleton

New Diana

Ore City

Of course a couple of those schools might not be in 2A. Tatum & EF have grown tremendously from the old days and Beckville has drop some along with Waskom. IE Beckville use to be in with that bunch and New Diana in a seperate district.

Originally posted by Red90fly

Tatum

Do yall think it could something like this:

Tatum, Garrison, Timpson, SA, Shelbyville in district?? WOW, now that would be somethin'!!

Other district would be Hemphill, Newton, Hardin, Kountze, EC, Deweyville.

Could be Waskom & EF in that district and SA out.

• Mr. P locked this topic