What does your smoaky.com screen name mean?

et_football

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by blindref

And BTW...Mine is not just a Smoaky handle...I get called this at least 100 times a night when I referee!!! Now, when someone exclaims, "Are you blind ref?", I can simply answer yes...no further discussion!!!:cool:

:)

And I suppose that when someone in the crowd hollers, "Are you blind ref?" to members of your officiating crew, they just say no -- AND POINT TO YOU?

TJC_fan == Tyler Jr. College fan ... easy to figure out.

My brother, cousin, and I used to go with our uncles to watch the Apaches play football at Athens and Kilgore back in the late 50's.

Then I started following TJC basketball when Wagstaff opened up.

(NOTE -- check out the refurbished version of Wag this fall after they get finished with it. Basketball at Wagstaff will take on a new look this year!!!!!)

I had the Tyler Morning Telegraph delivered to me in Nam so that I could keep up with the Apaches.

And I'm working on my 20th + year as the official book for TJC Apache basketball at Wagstaff, and fortunately, a lot of high school playoff games -- as well as Wagstaff tournament games. IT'S BEEN A BLAST!!!!!!

Originally posted by bordertown

Check the relative size of the helmets = relative importance of school pride. I go with "Ex-Agdad". Good luck at Thanksgiving keeping the peace.

I've got it!

Horngrad/dad/Hooterpop?

Wait,

This is even better:

The Poster Formerly Known as Agdad.

MAV- My favorite Team

CHAMP- the nickname of my best friend in high school. The nickname came from a movie about a horse...I think Ricky Schroeder was in it. My best friend passed away my freshman year of college (also a huge Mav fan), and since then... I've kept the nickname Champ alive.....

So.... Mavchamp.

Originally posted by Mavchamp

MAV- My favorite Team

CHAMP- the nickname of my best friend in high school. The nickname came from a movie about a horse...I think Ricky Schroeder was in it. My best friend passed away my freshman year of college (also a huge Mav fan), and since then... I've kept the nickname Champ alive.....

So.... Mavchamp.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Mavchamp. Great way to honor him.:)

• 9 months later...