American Idol

cubs37

Yea, Simon was trying to corral her. And Seacrest made a vague reference. One contestant pointed to his scar during a performance and she said he would have to tell her about it sometime. Hence the kinda of odd feelings afterward.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdul signs new 'American Idol' contract

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Paula Abdul has decided she can continue to put up with Simon Cowell on "American Idol." Abdul, who shares judging duties on Fox's hit talent show with Cowell and Randy Jackson, has signed a deal to remain for another three years, the network announced Wednesday.

She and Cowell are known for their bickering on the program, which is drawing bigger audiences than ever in its fifth edition. While Cowell often slams contestants, Abdul takes a gentler approach in her comments.

The contestants "truly inspire and amaze me each week," Abdul said in a statement. "Of course, I also look forward to putting Simon in his place for years to come."

Cowell and Fox reached a deal in November that will keep the British record executive and TV producer on the show for at least five more seasons.

Abdul is a singer and a movie, TV and stage choreographer who has worked with Janet Jackson, George Michael and Prince.

"American Idol" is paring the finalists down to the winner, who will be announced on the May 24 finale. This week, the field was to be reduced to nine after another contestant was voted off Wednesday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ws/14216253.htm

OMGosh! I know... I was still a lil' shocked even though her song choice was very poor for her vocal talent... she sings way better on other songs... like "Shackles (Praise You)" by Mary Mary... I love that song & she did quite well with it... :thumbsup:

The man can sing but he needs to stop growling when he does...He's my mom's favorite, though..I think it's just because he's so country. What I like about him is that he's real, just like Elliot. They seem so sincere, you know? Like it really does mean something to them to be there. Not that it doesn't mean anything to the rest but they're just so excitable (sp?) I still say Chris will take it all though.

Ace's days are numbered! :w00t:

I think it's going to come down to Kellie, Chris and Taylor, although I think Katherine is the best singer.

Chris is over rated in my opinion, but it's probably because I don't like the rocker type. Elliott is the best male singer but he isn't much to look at. :whistle:

My pick for the 2006 winner is Kellie Pickler! I think she is more talented than Carrie Underwood. :w00t:

Originally posted by cubs37

Saw a clip that I overlooked in the original show. Is it kind of arrogant of Ace to ask Queen to change their song up to spruce it up a bit?

LMAO Did you hear Brian May? "I'm not going to do that to my song." BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ace is a bit of a loser, IMO. That deal with the scar on his chest a couple of weeks ago... that cheesy falsetto... he shoulda been gone this week. I'm no Bucky fan, but I think Freddie woulda been just fine with Bucky's version of Fat Bottomed Girls.