American Idol

cubs37

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great performance last night. Have to say that the bottom three will be Ace, Kellie, Elliot will be the bottom three. If it's based on performance, then Kellie will go. Otherwise I think it might be Ace. But, you never know.

He looked like OliveOil from Popeye...I hope he goes, he's getting really annoying. Chris amazed me...again...He's so great...Last night's show made me think...All these people (especially Chris) have SO much talent...and never got a record deal...some of them never will. But people flock to see people who can't sing at all (*cough*Hillary Duff*cough*) Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Kirt, with all due respect, I disagree...Taylor has a great voice but...can't he just stand still? That's what's gonna end it for him eventually...

I think Chris and maybe Kellie or Paris...or Katherine will be the final two...And I'm hoping/thinking Chris will win (obviously)

Chris, like Bo from last season, appeals mostly to the younger "rocker" crowd. To me, he does well and I enjoy him when he sings some of the classic oldies type rock, but like Bo, he doesn't appeal to me at all when he sings his "modern style" rock.

You may be right about him having a chance to win because I think a lot of younger views are more likely to actually vote than older viewers who like Taylor, Kellie or Katherine. If it was purely a singing competition with professional evaluators, I think Katherine would win, hands down based on her vocals. She is far and away the most talented singer. Taylor and Kellie are great entertainers. Taylor really puts on a show a lot of people like, especially his on stage antics . . . that's entertainment!

I guess that is why they vote.. I can't imagine Taylor, Katherine, and Chris not being the top three. Come on, Pickler is cute but her dumb act is starting to wear on me, and she has definite limitations vocally and with genre. Taylor is unique, but he borders on alienating people when he over does his antics. Katherine and Chris final two. Katherine wins.

Ok... well here's what I think about it all:

I'm addicted to the show like many others, yes, but the only reason I watch it is because I love music, and I like to see new stuff... What I don't like, however, is how everyone's like in love with the show. I bet it's making a lot of people think that's about the only way to be an "American Idol"... lol. It's dumb. IMO, Hollywood shouldn't have named it "American Idol". They should've used something else. I know they're using the show title to draw attention and of course, more $$$, but it's just getting out of hand... :banging:

I was able to watch the show off of Direct TV. Katherine was first and I thought she did a very good job of a Witney Houston song, but the judges really zinged her. Of course I was enjoying looking at her enough to make it a good song for me. Elliott did perhaps the best. Pickler struggled. Taylor was OK, but the judges panned him also. Paris was a bit confusing. Strong, but I expected more. Chris was surprisingly strong in this genre.

If it goes by performance we loose Pickler tonight.

It is about time for the judges to start selling the remaining contestants and loosen up on the critisism. Soon I think it will be all smiles and congrats. It is hard to promote records from someone you just called a looser!