Where are the good ones going to college anyone signed yet?

Gladerunner07

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys I heard from one of my friends (Garrett Sage) from Pine tree the Felix Rodriguz sry prolly mispelled that Has signed his letter of intent with Dallas Baptist University and Garrett also told me he will be signing after the regional meet with DBU as well Congrats both are outstanding runners

I bet he didnt get any offers from any D1's. Thats not a knock on either of them btw. Its just that track and cross-country scholarships are real hard to come by. I think schools are only allowed to give out 12 every four years on the men's side which is ridiculous. They hardly ever give full scholarships and rarely give sholarships to distance runners. Only to the super fast 5A guys like Scott Macpherson and such. Sports like football get like 3 or 4 times that many scholarships just so they can stack the sidelines. Oh yeah and East Texas is probably the most under recruited area of the state in distances.

Congrats to Felix and Sage on DBU though. I'll be looking foward to racing them in the big leagues sometime soon.

They give some percent of scholarships to awsome runners like from 5a schools but u know there is always that exception from smaller schools.I dont think there are alot of full rides given out for distance runners but im not for sure if you want to know about all the d-1 stuff ask Baylorxc he runs at baylor.He was a great runner in high school but he was also number1 in his class so i think he is on academic scholarships.

He's my Brother Andrew Stroman...He clocked times of 10:07 in the 2-mile, 4:36 in the mile, and placed 4th at state in cc with a 16:30. His pr in cc I believe was a 15:56 though... but yes he was also the Valedictorian of his class and received numerous academic scholarships.

I'm a walk-on. I got some academic help from being valedictorian and from a decent SAT score. Thats why the classroom is as important in high school as athletics. I couldn't get an athletic scholarship but since i took care of the grades in high school I could still go D-1.

Most of those looking to run in college need to do a little research.

Here's some advice that works.

Honestly, unless you are olympic caliber, you're not going to have a lot of offers, but there are schools out there that give out decent scholarships for track and field.

Go online and look up the NCAA schools, JUCO(NJCAA) schools have some track and field scholarships available, especially if you're not sure what 4 year college to attend, or your test scores, SAT and ACT are not high, and some of you may not be aware of the NAIA schools (smaller colleges and universities) that also have track teams and give out varying athletic awards.

If you are truly serious about getting a track scholarship and would like some additional advice on who to contact or where to get more information, then U2U me. I don't have enough space here to write everything down. Seriously, I think I'm about to start a book to help those looking for athletic scholarships.

All you sophomores and juniors out there don't need to wait until May of your senior year to start your research, but there is still time (seniors), if you are truly interested. I'm not a scout, but I do enjoy helping others get an education and get to do something they enjoy in the meantime.

Originally posted by easttxtrack

Most of those looking to run in college need to do a little research.

Here's some advice that works.

Honestly, unless you are olympic caliber, you're not going to have a lot of offers, but there are schools out there that give out decent scholarships for track and field.

Go online and look up the NCAA schools, JUCO(NJCAA) schools have some track and field scholarships available, especially if you're not sure what 4 year college to attend, or your test scores, SAT and ACT are not high, and some of you may not be aware of the NAIA schools (smaller colleges and universities) that also have track teams and give out varying athletic awards.

If you are truly serious about getting a track scholarship and would like some additional advice on who to contact or where to get more information, then U2U me. I don't have enough space here to write everything down. Seriously, I think I'm about to start a book to help those looking for athletic scholarships.

All you sophomores and juniors out there don't need to wait until May of your senior year to start your research, but there is still time (seniors), if you are truly interested. I'm not a scout, but I do enjoy helping others get an education and get to do something they enjoy in the meantime.

It was nice to finally meet you ETTrack! Thanks for introducing yourself and thanks for the track information i am truly apreciative and i am looking into UCA and thank you i will let you know if i end up signing. Thanks again!

Those are some words of wisdom from easttxtrack. You should definetly start looking for a school at least by the summer of your junior year. I could have got offers from some smaller schools. Wayland Baptist and a school in New Mexico were interested but I didnt ever reply to any letters from them. I just wanted to go D-1 even if I had to pay my own way. Another word of advice, most track coaches dont spend alot of time looking for good runners. You should contact coaches at any schools you want to go to. Most schools have online questionaires you can fill out.

This is my freshman year and I only got to run cross-country this year due to several injury problems this spring (pretty much the same injury I just kept trying to come back too soon). I ran the 8k mostly and a 10k once. My best 8k was 27:16. I also ran a 6-miler in 32:48. I don't know what i'm going to do in track but I imagine I'll be running 5k and 10k mostly.