Surprise, surprise! Saddam had WMDs after all

RETIREDFAN1

Hey Bo, There is a reason that I have to inspect my NBC gear quarterly. (It ain't just for fun.) You and your leftist friends really need to get a clue about the Islamic jihadist mindset. Live and let live DOES NOT translate into Arabic.

I do have to respect Bo for engaging back on this thread. I really thought I would hear (crickets chirping) from the other side.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't engaging in a topic...

That is the lefties attempt at a talking point....

A talking point that is crushed by the fact that the post Kuwait invasion UN sanctions were put in place to force Saddam to destroy existing WMDs and capabilities under UN supervision...

Saddam LIED and said they destroyed them without supervision....

You think he lied about not producing any more?

:wacko:

The liberals and the media are ignoring the fact that at least two of Saddam's top generals confirmed that Russia spearheaded the movement of the vast majority of Iraq's WMDs to Syria just before we invaded Iraq.

The left wing nutcases would rather continue their "Bush lied" mantra than than face the facts and admit the truth. The truth doesn't fit their "desired" story! :w00t:

They probably would have been intended for chemical attacks during the Iran-Iraq War, said David Kay, who headed the U.S. weapons-hunting team in Iraq from 2003 until early 2004.

He said experts on Iraq's chemical weapons are in "almost 100 percent agreement" that sarin nerve agent produced from the 1980s would no longer be dangerous.

"It is less toxic than most things that Americans have under their kitchen sink at this point," Kay said.

Not trying to get in the debate on this just thought I would add this small excerpt from the yahoo story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/ap_on_.../iraq_s_weapons

Those are the two talking points the libs are using...

With "no name" sources...

Lets look at the two points...

Weapons made before 1991

Weapons degraded

So...

The UN sanctions called for Saddam to destroy ALL WMD's and capabilities with UN supervision...

He claims to have done it ... just without supervision....

Well.... I guess he lied... Point 1 down...

Weapons degraded.... ok so the idiots in the Iraq army did not know how to store them properly... while hiding them from the UN when they were supposed to be destroying them....

The Democrats said Iraq had WMDs.... the Republicans said they had WMDs.... wow... they were right...

And Saddam the murderer of his own people.... Lied.. imagine that...

What else did he lie about?

The points don't hold water... the libs got what they have been asking for... WMDs...

Now they want to change what they want..

Like the 2 year old at the grocery store that screams till mom caves and buys the chocolate bar instead of spankin the kid to teach him some manners...

Stay the course.... history will continue to prove this President right....

Originally posted by BoBellCrew

How's this...

United States and coalition forces have found 500 pre-1991 chemical weapons since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. A Pentagon official has stated that the weapons were degraded beyond the point of use. (AFP) (FOX News)

We all know Saddam said he destroyed all of his WMD's....we all know we have found over 500....we all know he is a liar....we all know (admitting is a different story) that he is lying about many other things since 1991. I have no doubt that all of his newer weapons were smuggled to Syria and elsewhere. How is this difficult to understand?

Or better yet, Living 4 Christ, that Saddam BRIBED 3 of the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council before the invasion of Iraq..........France, Russia, and China, who by the way just happened to strongly voice their disapproval of us even going into Iraq in the first place.........That to me is far more dangerous than him having any WMD's.........The fact that that madman was able to bribe our allies (and blind them by greed) so that he could attempt to rebuild his military machine and line his pockets is to me far more momentous and dangerous than finding ANY WMD's whatsoever.......and the fact that Bobell or any other member of the leftist following hasn't even attempted to dispute or even so much as comment on this I find disturbing.........Who cares about WMD's in Iraq.......our biggest problem in the world is the recurring scandals in the UN and the consequent revelations of bribery, betrayal, and lies by our "allies" which I find more dangerous than the bickering over whether or not Saddam really did have WMD's or not.........

Exactly, Jason! The fact that libs can just ignore facts like that really makes me question their intelligence. lol....not really, but it does they that they are unable to be honest. Those countries should not be referred to as our allies anymore.

The UN has shown it is completely unwilling and unable to carry out it's own resolutions. The US needs to get out. I know that will probably never happen, but we can at least see the UN for what it is....a joke.

I vote to withdraw from the UN....

Kick them out of the building in New York.... we need the land...

Think of the money we save...

No membership dues..

No policing actions

No more providing security for the building...

No more Foreign Members taking up parking spots... illegally parking.... etc..

Fewer diplomats breaking laws and getting away with it...

and without us to add teeth.... the UN would die....

Alright soooo.

Nearly 3,000 Americans, from my generation, go over to die in Iraq and you guys found what you wanted.

Chemical Weapons that are too old to be fired.

I see you guys are carrying over the Vietnam logic. Thanks.

Alright soooo.

Nearly 3,000 Americans, from my generation, go over to die in Iraq and you guys found what you wanted.

Take the blinders off and think a little for yourself for once . . .

Write this down for future reference: THE WMDs WERE MOVED OUT OF IRAQ BY THE RUSSIANS PRIOR TO OUR INVASION. Also for reference, it's an established fact that Saddam used massive amounts of chemical weapons on the Kurds killing thousands of them.

To argue that there never were any WMDs to look for is insane and ignores the facts. I know looking at the facts flies in the face of what you WANT to believe so it will take some effort on your part to see the truth . . . at least try! :whistle:

It's no use, Kirt, don't bother trying. Libs are so determined to be anti-Bush, they will do or say anything to get on the opposite sides of any given issue. If we found a huge stockpile of ready-to-use WMD's tomorrow, it wouldn't make any difference to these close-minded people.

Alright soooo.

I'm so glad our elected officials aren't as small-minded as BoBell.

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Alright soooo.

Take the blinders off and think a little for yourself for once . . .

Write this down for future reference: THE WMDs WERE MOVED OUT OF IRAQ BY THE RUSSIANS PRIOR TO OUR INVASION. Also for reference, it's an established fact that Saddam used massive amounts of chemical weapons on the Kurds killing thousands of them.

To argue that there never were any WMDs to look for is insane and ignores the facts. I know looking at the facts flies in the face of what you WANT to believe so it will take some effort on your part to see the truth . . . at least try! :whistle:

I never heard any of this Russian talk before Kirt... was there a newsflash on Drudge?

We DON'T care what the United Nations says. Where did you get that ridiculous idea? They are totally corrupt and can't be trusted any more than Saddam himself. :w00t:

Is this another diversion from the facts there Deuce?

I never heard any of this Russian talk before Kirt... was there a newsflash on Drudge?

So you think the Russians just sold Saddam weapons, but they draw the line at helping him hide the weapons? :coocoo:

Bo,

I can post several articles where Saddams top generals have said the Russians moved the WMDs to Syria before the war. Do you really need me to post them again? Would it matter to you? Two of them were even interviewed on FoxNews . . . oh, I forgot, FoxNews lies just like President Bush! :w00t:

Originally posted by DeuceChunker03

I thought you guys didn't care what the U.N. said anyway? Oh wait, you only care if it fits your argument. I see. :thumbdown:

Where did you get that? I have never waivered from my dislike of the UN.

Originally posted by DeuceChunker03

I thought you guys didn't care what the U.N. said anyway? Oh wait, you only care if it fits your argument. I see. :thumbdown:

This has been my stance on the UN for a long time:

1) We should not be members it threatens our independence, and drains resources.

2) If we are going to continue to be members we should enforce the rules, regulations, and edicts.

You wishy washy libs are the ones that can't make up your minds...

Why would we be members, put rules down, write documents... and not enforce them... so we can allow our "allies" to abuse the system and make money under the table?

Originally posted by Living4Christ

So you think the Russians just sold Saddam weapons, but they draw the line at helping him hide the weapons? :coocoo:

Seems like there was another country that sold him weapons that I can think of... hmm...

Oh yea! I'm standing on it!

Seems like there was another country that sold him weapons that I can think of... hmm...

Oh yea! I'm standing on it!

So you're telling me you draw no distinction between selling weapons to a country in the 1980's vs. 2003? That's like saying we can't trade with Japan, because we were enemies in WWII. Give me a break.

There is a huge difference that you are chosing to ignore...

We didn't vote with the UN to put an embargo on them in the 1980's....

This is a case of Russia, France, Germany and others voting to put the embargo on .... the selling arms to them...

To limit competition?

Do you not see the difference?

All these pre-1990 chemical weapons though...

I wonder how many of those came from us.

spin, spin, spin...

The libs and dems and just plain Bush bashers asked for WMDs...

Give them to you.... and you fall into spin mode...

This is a tough couple of weeks... Al Qaeda leaders killed... WMDs found... now the Texas redistricting upheld...

I almost have .... no... never mind.. I don't have any pitty for you! :whome: